Just got iphone 6 and need some answers

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
hi there, just got iphone 6 and was wondering if i should update my ios to 9.2.1, is it safe to do so? hope no bugs and errors on ios 9.2.1?

also, i ran the battery down on my first usage (didnt charge it, only use the 50% battery charge that came with it), then now charged it fully, hope running the battery down on my first usage wont have any negative effect on the battery?

i also noticed that, i dont get notification sound when iphone is locked.

and vpn timeouts when iphone is locked.....pls any solutions to these two issues?

thanks

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and update to 9.2.1. It's a solid build.
Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. A full charge cycle is considered draining from 100% to 0% and then recharging back to 100%. Anything in between counts as a partial cycle. Use and charge your iPhone however it's most convenient. Nothing to worry about.
Are you at least getting visual notifications on your lockscreen? Try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all of your settings to defaults but leave your data and apps alone. It may fix your VPN issue as well. I'm not 100% sure though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hi there, just got iphone 6 and was wondering if i should update my ios to 9.2.1, is it safe to do so? hope no bugs and errors on ios 9.2.1?
Yes. Update to the latest iOS version either OTA or via iTunes.

also, i ran the battery down on my first usage (didnt charge it, only use the 50% battery charge that came with it), then now charged it fully, hope running the battery down on my first usage wont have any negative effect on the battery?
It will not negatively impact the battery or the iPhone itself.

i also noticed that, i dont get notification sound when iphone is locked.
Disable the Do Not Disturb option.

and vpn timeouts when iphone is locked.....pls any solutions to these two issues?

thanks
That may depend on the VPN app you're using or the way you've got the service configured, but I'm only speculating. "Resetting all settings" as recommended above may prove helpful in this regard.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! :) Enjoy your new phone -- seems everyone has answered your questions but be sure to follow up if you have any more.

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!. Thanks for the warming response and reception.

Well, it seems the issue had to do with my cellular network provider (also my ISP).

I wanted to change my former ISP cos of the high data cost. So I decided to wait before doing the recommended above solution (reset all) till I change to a new ISP to login all my accounts again.

I got a new ISP with a fair enough data plan charges, after some few hours I noticed I was getting notifications immediately it was sent. No delay notifications when locked, IMs coming in immediately it was sent etc. All apps working perfectly except yahoo messenger (who cares).

So am puzzled why was my former ISP delaying messages and notifications?

Anyways thanks so much.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77