Android Convert Here!!!

jfree3000

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! I am new to the iphone ecosystem and the 6s plus if the first iphone I have ever owned. I started out with android and my first android phone was the HTC Evo on Sprint. I then continued on the android trail as follows Evo - Evo 3d - Galaxy s3 - Note 3 - Nexus 6 and now I'm here.

I somehow had this forum linked to another account with passport but I don't every remember signing up which is weird (or I'm getting old). My last android, the Nexus 6, was an incredible phone especially those front facing speakers. I made the switch to the iPhone after just really getting bored with android devices, I would root each one I got but after getting the nexus 6 I was tired of flashing this rom or that rom and did some hardcore homework on the iPhone and users that switched to the iPhone from android.

Well the wife and I took the plunge, she was more hesitant that I was (also a android user) but she loves the iPhone now. I am very impressed with the battery life, I can leave this phone unplugged for two days with light usage and still have a lot of juice! I see that the apps for the iPhone seemed more polished that the android ones which I think are poorly done ports when looked at some of them. The accessories list for this phone will get me in trouble because I am a caseoholic!

Overall I am glad I made the switch, the only real thing I truly miss from android is Titanium Backup, this app was the best save/restore app for android once rooted but I can live without now. I can honestly say people on XDA bash this phone just because it's the thing to do, but I'm sure they would swap in a heartbeat if they used one.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I also loved Titanium backup on my rooted HTC One M7 but honestly, the backup/Restore option through iTunes has it beat.

Whilst I personally dislike iTunes, it is pretty effortless to backup and restore as factory an iPhone in the unlikely event that you suffer software issues that can't easily be rectified with a "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73