Finally joined the iSheep

live311

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
iSheep. That's what I used to call Apple fans back when the tech wars were raging. But it turns out I was on the fence all along. I've owned an iPad 2 for years, but since it was a raffle prize and my only Apple device I never really committed to the ecosystem or used it to its full potential. I didn't want to have to keep up with iOS, Android, and Windows all at once. Then my wife got an iPhone last spring. Then my father got an iPhone last summer and recently picked up an iPad. Just about everyone else I know has an iPhone, and I'm usually the one who has to help them with tech questions. My Droid has been acting up lately and I put off an upgrade for 3 years, so I guess it was time to go all in with Apple. So here I am with a shiny new 6s constantly messing around with apps and settings and I'm surprised at how far iOs has come since the iPad 2 was released. The notifications area is actually pretty useful. I don't miss Android widgets, and I certainly don't miss the fragmentation and quirky launchers.

I'm looking forward to researching and asking questions. Too bad Windows Phone has such a small market/mind share; there could have been some fun flame wars on here.;)

But iTunes still sucks. :p

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Luckily you don't need to use iTunes for much of anything anymore. The days of having to plug it in to iTunes to sync are over :) iCloud FTW!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the herd! I'm not a huge fan of iTunes either. But give me the iPhone any day! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to iMore!

Luckily you don't need to use iTunes for much of anything anymore. The days of having to plug it in to iTunes to sync are over :) iCloud FTW!

Does anybody like iTunes? I'm not much of a fan either. I prefer iTunes for updating iOS or restoring my other devices but rarely use it outside of that. I'll even use Music on my iPhone with headphones while I'm on my MacBook!

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
But iTunes still sucks. :p

Do what I do, avoid iTunes.

I use a Macbook Air and an iPhone. I don?t really use iTunes. Sometimes I may listen to Apple Music using it, but I certainly don?t connect my phone to it. I don?t think I have ever connected my phone to my Mac. Thanks to iCloud, that is no longer necessary.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do what I do, avoid iTunes.

I use a Macbook Air and an iPhone. I don?t really use iTunes. Sometimes I may listen to Apple Music using it, but I certainly don?t connect my phone to it. I don?t think I have ever connected my phone to my Mac. Thanks to iCloud, that is no longer necessary.

I agree and disagree. I use iTunes to restore and update iOS because it has provides a cleaner installation. That being said, I rarely use iTunes for anything else.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox