Kinda new iPhone user

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!

Just switched to an iPhone after years on android. Started with the original windows mobile then Blackberry, then android. Did have an iPhone 4s then the 5c provided to me by my company but literally never used them for anything other than work calls, emails and occasional use of the camera.
Upgraded from the 2013 MotoX to the Samsung GALAXY S6. The signal was terrible and the phone was just a bit too big for me. All other android options were huge and I had no interest.
Made the jump primarily based on the size of the iPhone 6/6S. There are definitely a few things I miss from android but I have been pleasantly surprised as to how much I like my iPhone 6S. It's fast and intuitive, more so than I expected.
Been a member of Crackberry, Android Central and iMore for some time all though I rarely ever logged in here. Just read the articles for the most part and for a longer period of time than I have been a member. Anyway as I was a daily reader of the site and forums on android central I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time here now.

Mark

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad you joined us! Welcome!!!!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!
Just realized that I can't change my device under settings from the app. I can see it says Galaxy Nexus but won't let me change it.
I am in fact using a space gray iPhone 6S 64Gig

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to the Dark Side :D
And indeed, you cannot do it via the app. You have to do it from iMore's website (or any MobileNations's website since they are all interconnected via Passport). If you cannot find out how, I will walk you through =)

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much! I'll give it a try when I get to my desk. Ha ha yup have a lot of friends that are disappointed in my move to the dark side!

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm glad you like your new iPhone. You shouldn't have any issues finding all the apps you need, since the Store has so many great apps.

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! And so far so good on apps. I did down load a bunch of google apps to help with the transition.
Already thinking about ditching the gmail app in favor of the stock email app on the iPhone. They don't come through as quickly but so much easier to manage.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! And so far so good on apps. I did down load a bunch of google apps to help with the transition.
Already thinking about ditching the gmail app in favor of the stock email app on the iPhone. They don't come through as quickly but so much easier to manage.

One trick some people use is to create your icloud.com email address and forward your gmail to it (and turn off your gmail account on the phone) - that way you get instant gmail. If you're really ambitious, there's apparently a way to send icloud mail back out through gmail's servers too, though I haven't tried that.

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for info! Definitely give that a try. Have to create my iCloud log in still, probably take a minute and do that now actually.

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha yeah I do have my old android set up still that Probably won't get too much use and over wifi only. Actually have two blackberries sitting around but the batteries died a long time ago so they just kind of sit there.

mkurz12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Glad to be here. Been reading up and the forums have been very helpful. Haven't actually had to post any questions, just searching has been a big help.