Can you post links to buy?

Drummer Ben

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello imore community, its great to be here. Before I possibly break the rules, if somebody is having a hard time finding a product or part to fix their iPhone are you allowed to post a link to where they can buy it online. Searching and searching I only found one company that sells it on eBay. I'm not affiliated with the company what so ever, would not be getting paid so it wouldn't be advertising. Thanks guys!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it would be advertising. You stated the following:

"Searching and searching I only found one company that sell it on eBay"

First of all, you're making it seem as if "you" were looking for a specific item and you discovered that only one site sells it via eBay. Granted, we have no idea what it is you were allegedly searching for. Then you turn right around and say, "I'm not affiliated with the company whatsoever, would not be getting paid..."

How can you tell us you were searching for something and was only able to find it at an eBay site as if a whole lot of people were looking for that exact same unknown item? Then to want to tell everybody about that one site where you allegedly were able to find what you were searching for as if no other place sells it, is suspect, in my opinion. There are numerous places to find iPhone parts, and some of those places have been mentioned via the iMore Blog. So you see, you would be advertising. Having said that, please read the Community Rules & Guidelines to get the email address of the person mentioned therein for permission to advertise.

Drummer Ben

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
It was a response to my own thread. kch50428 informed me that I should look for an iPhone 6 plus motherboard fixture at a 3rd party cellular repair provider. That they may have devices that have screens & mother boards shot that they'd sell. Been searching for months and finally found an eBay listing where this guy is selling motherboard fixtures. Wanted to share the good news and help anyone else who's looking for the same thing. I will get permission from the seller and where can I find the Community Rules & guidelines again?

Drummer Ben

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Never mind that though. Couldn't find any other listings because I was using the wrong terminology. Turns out a lot of other companies are selling iPhone motherboard housings.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was a response to my own thread. kch50428 informed me that I should look for an iPhone 6 plus motherboard fixture at a 3rd party cellular repair provider. That they may have devices that have screens & mother boards shot that they'd sell. Been searching for months and finally found an eBay listing where this guy is selling motherboard fixtures. Wanted to share the good news and help anyone else who's looking for the same thing. I will get permission from the seller and where can I find the Community Rules & guidelines again?

Okay. Got it. Anyway, the link to the Community Rules & Guidelines is below.

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Please take a few minutes to make sure you review the iMore Community Rules & Guidelines.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. As others have said, have a read of the community rules and guidelines as they should answer a lot of your questions. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen