Hi! My name is Ofer and I am an iPhone developer.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello there,

My name is Ofer and I am an iPhone developer(among other things).
I am making games in my free time and I might be a one time visitor that just post about his games but I might just stay because it looks like a nice place.

The first thing I would like to ask is if there is a place and if I am even allowed to post about my own iPhone games?

Another smaller issue is that my games have issues with an iPhone 6 Plus, due to it's special resolution and I might get help here to resolve this issue. It's a bit hard for me to resolve this since I only have the emulator of iPhone 6 Plus and I can't test it on a real device.

So that's it. :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Please take a few minutes to review the App and Developers Rules & Guidelines. Good luck.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks,
I read the rules about iOS app self promotion.
However, I didn't understand one thing.
At the end it said you are only allowed to post a link or an image after 10 meaningful posts, so does that mean I cannot even post the App store link?

Hope it's ok I ask on this thread.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,
I read the rules about iOS app self promotion.
However, I didn't understand one thing.
At the end it said you are only allowed to post a link or an image after 10 meaningful posts, so does that mean I cannot even post the App store link?

Hope it's ok I ask on this thread.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. If you're unwilling to take the time to create 10 posts, then your focus is on advertising ONLY and not on being a part of the iMore community. Believe me, that will not help promote your app, at least not here.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, it tells me I cannot post links. But I didn't post any link.
It is possible I used the code tag and that is why it triggered it? Heh

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, it tells me I cannot post links. But I didn't post any link.
It is possible I used the code tag and that is why it triggered it? Heh

Dude, create 10 meaningful posts. Afterwards, you'll be allowed to post a link, provided it is within the Community Rules & Guidelines and/or the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I didn't post a link.
I wanted to post some code with the code tag... and I think it triggered the link "error" because maybe any tags flag it.
Might be a bug on this forum.
You didn't read what I write. :/

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't post a link.
I wanted to post some code with the code tag... and I think it triggered the link "error" because maybe any tags flag it.
Might be a bug on this forum.
You didn't read what I write. :/

All app's have to be approve and in iTunes and have a link to it.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I didn't try to post about my app, I wanted to post something else unrelated to my app but it didn't let me...
But I think since I used the code tag it triggered the link error.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't try to post about my app, I wanted to post something else unrelated to my app but it didn't let me...
But I think since I used the code tag it triggered the link error.

Whether it has to do with your app or not, you still need to create 10 posts in order to have the privilege of inserting a link. I can't get any clearer than that!

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I know that, lol.

What I complained about is that I didn't insert a link as far as I can tell.
I just put some Objective C code, maybe that triggered the "link error" but I didn't put a URL anywhere in my post...

I am just trying to figure out why the forum thought I posted a link when I actually didn't as far as I can tell...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that, lol.

What I complained about is that I didn't insert a link as far as I can tell.
I just put some Objective C code, maybe that triggered the "link error" but I didn't put a URL anywhere in my post...
Okay

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! You have not done anything wrong! Yet! :D

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711