Never Thought I Would Say This

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So my user name CrackedRosco comes from my what I thought was my complete loyalty to BlackBerry combined with my French Bulldog named Rosco. I've had pretty much every BlackBerry including the BlackBerry 10 Devices such as the Z10, Q10, and Z30 (all GREAT devices I might add).

So starting with the iPhone 4s, each time there was a new iPhone I would give it a whirl because of all the great things said about the device. Well, each item after a day or two, I'd be right back to one of my faithful BlackBerries because they just worked for me.

So that brings us to today. A few days in to using the iPhone 6. I grabbed a 64GB in Gold and am using the Brown Leather Apple Case and I think the Khaki on Gold appearance looks really sharp.

It just simply made sense to finally switch. I own an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPad Mini. With all the features across the Apple devices for sharing it makes things so simple.

I will say this though. I'm not a big app guy so this didn't matter for my switching decision. It really was the ease of use with other Apple/Mac products. It has its other bonuses such as a much better camera than any of my BlackBerries and iMessage is nice as there are not many people left on BBM (although it's a much safer messaging platform with better things available then just messages, etc). I also truly believe BlackBerry was on to something with the HUB. It's a truly dynamic was to put all messages in one place simplify communication. Unfortunately, the apps contained within the HUB where less than average. And lastly, BlackBerry email is what it is. It's great, period. No matter how I configure my iPhone settings it can't compete with the Push speed of all email on BlackBerry, but I'm all right with that because what I now see as all the other potential advantages. I looks like Apple may have just won another one over.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So my user name CrackedRosco comes from my what I thought was my complete loyalty to BlackBerry combined with my French Bulldog named Rosco. I've had pretty much every BlackBerry including the BlackBerry 10 Devices such as the Z10, Q10, and Z30 (all GREAT devices I might add).

So starting with the iPhone 4s, each time there was a new iPhone I would give it a whirl because of all the great things said about the device. Well, each item after a day or two, I'd be right back to one of my faithful BlackBerries because they just worked for me.

So that brings us to today. A few days in to using the iPhone 6. I grabbed a 64GB in Gold and am using the Brown Leather Apple Case and I think the Khaki on Gold appearance looks really sharp.

It just simply made sense to finally switch. I own an iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPad Mini. With all the features across the Apple devices for sharing it makes things so simple.

I will say this though. I'm not a big app guy so this didn't matter for my switching decision. It really was the ease of use with other Apple/Mac products. It has its other bonuses such as a much better camera than any of my BlackBerries and iMessage is nice as there are not many people left on BBM (although it's a much safer messaging platform with better things available then just messages, etc). I also truly believe BlackBerry was on to something with the HUB. It's a truly dynamic was to put all messages in one place simplify communication. Unfortunately, the apps contained within the HUB where less than average. And lastly, BlackBerry email is what it is. It's great, period. No matter how I configure my iPhone settings it can't compete with the Push speed of all email on BlackBerry, but I'm all right with that because what I now see as all the other potential advantages. I looks like Apple may have just won another one over.

Cool, welcome to the apple brother and sisterhood. Sometimes no matter what platform it is when your used to it your used to it.... I think you will find Apple a smooth transition once your used to it a while

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I , too, was a Blackberry faithful, and I also purchased an iPhone, used for a month or two, and then returned to using a Blackberry device when the iPhone fell into the ocean. Of course, that was about 6 years ago. Anyway, welcome to iMore and thank you for introducing yourself and sharing your story. Take care, and enjoy your new iPhone...;)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome Aboard. And as for the email. Not a big deal today as it was a few years agin. There are so many other means of communication that email is almost at the bottom of the list.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Hey I know YOU....LOL. ConGrats ...SMILE

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey OP. I have an iPad mini 2 I think...maybe 3. I have a Z10 and a Q5 plus my daily driver which is a Nexus 6. They all have pros and cons. Just enjoy what you like and hope they keep competing and improving.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You just might find a few apps you like. There's some great ones in the App Store. And welcome!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You just might find a few apps you like. There's some great ones in the App Store. And welcome!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Agreed, but honestly other than forums, Epocrates, and few others I'm a bit busy. The nice thing is the hospital system I work for dropped BlackBerry so they push my appointments and surgical schedule to my iPad. Now they can push it to my iPhone. Like I said, definitely a convenience buy, but I'm sure convenience will turn into really liking the device.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I switched from been a Blackberry user for 5 years with a Torch 9800 and then a Z10. Loved both those phones, and still use my Z10 as my work phone only now. Agree that emails are better on BlackBerry's, but not in any major way anymore. Also, thought I might miss the HUB more, but in truth although the HUB is a great feature on BB10 phones it's certainly nothing stopping me use my IPhone 6+.

Own an IPad Air too (to replace that failed BlackBerry project the Playbook), and might try an IMac later on this year too. All in all not missing BlackBerry one bit.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, lol. Probably from jumping in and out of the forum every time I got a new iPhone and switched back. I think I'm here to stay.

Welcome to imore.
Yeah, it doesn't look like blackberry will be making phones for much longer.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to imore.
Yeah, it doesn't look like blackberry will be making phones for much longer.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Well, yes I'm very happy with my new iPhone 6, but I'm grateful for my years with BlackBerry and if you actually check the facts BlackBerry will be making phones for years to come. The Passport sold 2 million outside the U.S. with the U.S. launch still to come. The Classic presale out sold the Passport. So there's no doubt BlackBerry will continue on.

***That said I'm with iPhone now and happy to be here so let's leave BlackBerry out of it as I didn't run away from them, just ran towards something different and hopefully better for my needs.***

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember you!!!!!
Welcome to iMore. It's a great place, the people are fantastic, and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Can't lose.
I didn't think I was much into apps. My first three iPhones barely had any. Then I started to use my iPhone 5s more and more until it finally became my daily driver last summer. Now, on my iPhone 6, I've got SO many more apps than I ever thought I'd ever use. You will find that the quality of the ones you get are excellent.
As to email, my hotmail on my Q10 arrived at exactly the same time as on my iPhone. My primary account is set to push.
Anyway, good to see you here. Welcome and I hope you find the community as embracing as I did.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm another former BlackBerry loyal user. That was all I ever used until I bought my first iPhone a 4S a few years ago. I'm not a big app guy either. But there's some awesome ones available. Welcome and enjoy your iPhone 6!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, yes I'm very happy with my new iPhone 6, but I'm grateful for my years with BlackBerry and if you actually check the facts BlackBerry will be making phones for years to come. The Passport sold 2 million outside the U.S. with the U.S. launch still to come. The Classic presale out sold the Passport. So there's no doubt BlackBerry will continue on.
Since we're checking facts ... Apple sold over 74 million iPhones in three months. That's 30,000 iPhones an hour 24/7. Samsung estimated that its worldwide smartphone sales during the quarter were between 72.2 million units and 75.1 million units , and that was a down year for Samsung. Those are the kind of numbers it takes to be a successful cellular manufacture in todays market, lets be honest with ourselves and admit thats not BlackBerry. All BlackBerry has done for the last few years is hemorrhage users, and pile-up huge losses.
You've made the switch, it's time to give up the good fight, and let BlackBerry die the quiet death it deserves ...

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Since we're checking facts ... Apple sold over 74 million iPhones in three months. That's 30,000 iPhones an hour 24/7. Samsung estimated that its worldwide smartphone sales during the quarter were between 72.2 million units and 75.1 million units , and that was a down year for Samsung. Those are the kind of numbers it takes to be a successful cellular manufacture in todays market, lets be honest with ourselves and admit thats not BlackBerry. All BlackBerry has done for the last few years is hemorrhage users, and pile-up huge losses.
You've made the switch, it's time to give up the good fight, and let BlackBerry die the quiet death it deserves ...

Why the hate? Is it necessary? If I would have introduced myself and said all great things about the iPhone 6 and nothing about BlackBerry you would not have even commented. Seriously, "die the quiet death it deserves...". Who even talks like that. Don't respond unless you have something objective to say.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Seriously, I bet in a month, if not sooner you'll notice you use your iPhone more than you ever did your BlackBerry. And this is coming from an iPhone 6 Plus and BlackBerry Passport user...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Seriously, I bet in a month, if not sooner you'll notice you use your iPhone more than you ever did your BlackBerry. And this is coming from an iPhone 6 Plus and BlackBerry Passport user...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome message. I should have mentioned I still use a Q10 on BES for work. That is all that is offered. I previously used two Q10's, one for personal and one for work. I'm using the iPhone for personal use and I do really like it. For personal use I probably already would choose iPhone over my BlackBerry. That said if I only needed a work phone I'd probably stick with the Q10. But you're most certainly right, that opinion may change with more time using the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh