Greetings fellow Apple fanatics!

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, the names Ed. I'm a 45 year old professional from N.E. Florida, and a 30 year Windows PC guy. I'm also an ambassador next door at Windows Central. Currently using my Nokia Lumia 1520 as my daily driver phone and love it!

The reason I'm stopping in, is that I also love Apple's mobile products! I was a 4 generation iPhone user before switching to WP. I bought my girlfriend and I the very first iPhone when they first came out, and enjoyed them through the years as the new models came out each upgrade cycle. We had the 3G, the 3GS, the 4, and the 4S. When the iPhone 5 came out, I think was around the time that WP8 and the Nokia Lumia 920 also came out. My GF stayed the course and got the 5, and I switched, as I always loved Microsoft, and went with the Nokia 920. I've since had two upgrades, and stayed with WP with a 1020, and now a 1520 which I dearly love! But I must admit, WP has it's shortcomings, as all platforms do, and WP's shortcoming is the apps. The hardware, the OS, and it's interface with the beautiful start screen and live tiles, are just amazing! But the lack of certain apps sometimes leaves me longing for more.

The GF keeps suggesting that I return to iPhone... But I don't want to do that. I'm happy with my "phone" and what it does... And then she surprised me at Christmas... With a brand new iPad Air 2! What a brilliant woman she is! Now I can have access to all the apps I've been missing and effectively have what I like to call "the best of both worlds"! So here I am, typing this post up as we speak on my brand new shiny 64GB silver iPad Air 2! And I've gotta tell you guys, this is one fantastic device! (And I have one fantastic girlfriend!) In a way, I guess she's returning the favor, as I bought her the very first iPad years ago when it first came out, so now we're even so to speak lol.

Anyway, I hope to be checking in here at iMore more often now... They do keep me quite busy next door as an ambassador, but I'll definitely be over here as well, now that I have some iOS back in my life...

Cheers!

Ed

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, Ed, and thank you for sharing your story. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Take care, and thanks again. ...;)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!!!! I've also got a Lumia 1520. LOVE it!
Glad to have you here with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2