Hello iMore

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I am Damien Eternal. I got my first iPhone just a few months ago. So far I have to say that I am impressed.

I have the 5s as the 6 wasnt out when I got it.

My smartphone journey started out with Blackberry. First one I got was the first flip phone they made, cant remember what the model name of it was right now off hand. I had good luck with it, I know some people who didnt. It was one of those where it was the luck of the draw, and I happened to get lucky.

My second was a Blackberry Curve, and I progressed through the curve series from there on until the 9350 model which was my last one. It got coffee dumped on it. It was sitting in my cup holder in my car opposite my coffee cup. I must not have had the lid secured very well as when I went over a less than subtle bump, the cover popped off and coffee sloshed all over the phone. It worked, but only sporadically after that., It would constantly lock up and reboot on its own so it was time to say goodbye.

I went to get a new phone (I was due for an upgrade anyway) and as I was looking through the phones I noticed that they had a deal on a LG Optimus G that was too good to pass up, so I took the dive into it. I had it for a few months, then one of my cats decided to knock a glass of water over onto it. Good bye Optimus. I went to go and make an insurance claim on it and get it replaced. That was when I noticed that AT&T was offering a deal with their Next contract and I was able to upgrade through that. That is when I got the iPhone.

I always said I would never own an iPhone because I never cared for Apple products in the past. Just any time I used them the experience was less than stellar. Before hand I had talked to a few of my friends and co-workers that had the 5 and 5s and asked them about their experiences with it. Then I went and did some internet research on my own on the subject. After all of that I though "Well, what the hell. Ill give it a try." I went in the next chance I had and got the iPhone 5s 32GB model.

I have to say Ive been very impressed with it so far, especially since the iOS 8 update. The phone is very fast and fluid to operate and almost never bogs down even with a bunch of different apps open. Im glad I made the choice. It seems a lot more stable than any of my blackberrys or the LG that I had. I think I will likely be staying with iPhone for a while.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I'm also a previous "No way I'd get an iPhone" type.

Of course that's obviously changed.

So just enjoy whatever the heck you want and welcome to iMore!

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome I had almost every phone out there and love the iPhone's the best for photos and ease of use and fluidity won't be changing my daily driver phone again.
I can see me happy for a good year or two until maybe the next iPhone or the following one

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Damien. Glad you joined us. The iPhone is an excellent device, I've had the 3GS, the 4s, the 5, the 5s, and now the 6. Haven't had problems with any of them. I had to get used to the first one and I complained bitterly about the battery life of the 3GS but as far as problems, there were none.
SO much more stable than any Blackberry I ever had. I currently also have a Note 4 and a Lumia 1520 but this is my Beloved.
Enjoy the forums!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods