Allow me to introduce myself my name is Hov....

yunvi

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
ok ok just kidding.

hello everyone, as my post count indicates, I am fresh into the apple scene. My list of cell phone devices goes something like this..

Nokia 3300, Nokia 6120, Nokia 8800 (damn sexy phone), HTC diamond, BlackBerry 9000, BlackBerry, 9700, BlackBerry 9900, BlackBerry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S4, and nowwww the iPhone 6 ! (black) ((64gb)) (((TELUS))), Ottawa, Ontario

Coming from the BlackBerry line, as well as the SG4, i am having some trouble being comfortable with the iPhone:

It appears that my emails are delayed to my phone (never experienced this with any of the BB's or SG4)

I havent been successful in finding a way to easily dump media on the iPhone, except through itunes (which I havent installed..yet)
i mean, it would be all well and good if im at home and wanted to update my library etc etc, i could use the itunes and get the stuff loaded that way. but what if I am...say at work, and a friend wants me to have a few tracks / or album / or mixtape ? what do i do then ?

I knew leaving the SG4 i would most probably be without the all share feature. Does anyone know of a reliable app that does that ? Stream content from my phone to my smart tv ? Or would my only option be to get Apple TV ?

Otherwise, its a slick piece of hardware. Call qual is great, the camera...ooh love that camera.

One huge thing i disliked about the SG4 was that fresh out of the box, there were a million ways to do the same thing on the phone. I guess that is true with all of Samsung's devices. It definitely is not the case with the iPhone, and I really like that ! Comes loaded with everything you need and everything else, you go get it yourself.

So ! suffice this all to say, if i would be able to (hopefully with the help of you great folks) overcome the above three italics...my experience will be exponentially improved...

and ofcourse, its great to be here :)

thanks for reading

regards,
yunvi

melmurphy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say welcome. I,m fairly new to the iPhone so I,m not the one to answer your questions. I am sure someone will be along who can help you.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore yunvi

Make sure you have your accounts set to Push in mail thru the settings. iTunes takes a bit to get use to but works well

Enjoy and Post Often

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

In order to put media on the iPhone, you need a program to do it. Unfortunately it's not like the drag-and-drop interface that an Android device has. If you can, get CopyTrans or something like that. It's a relatively lightweight program that allows you to transfer media over to your device without fuss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2