First time Mac owner! :)

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know, yet another intro thread! But I wanted to make myself "official" here lol, so here it goes.

My title up there is a little misleading. Back in the early 90s (yikes!), I was hired as the sole IT person for a company that used Macs exclusively. Anyone remember Claris? Oh yes, I'm that old. ClarisCAD and MacProject.... I do so miss thee! And Omnis as our database for many years, with the zzzzz ZZZZZZZZrrrr ImageWriters printing away, lol. Fanfold tractor-feed paper. AppleTalk and Star Controllers. Oh my.

So back in those days I used plenty of Macs, including the early laptops. Different era though, different OS underpinnings. We moved to Windows eventually, and I didn't touch a Mac again... until now.

I have a shiny new 13" MacBook Pro now, this time it's truly mine (not company-issued), and I'm contemplating an iPhone 6. I've been a long-time BlackBerry user and shorter-term android user, so I'm still a bit scared to take the plunge and rework my usage habits for the Apple way of doing things (I do so love my Blinky Notification Lights, lol). But in the end, I'm sure I'll give in.

I'm really enjoying the MacBook! Things have changed a bit in 20+ years, lol... and yet it's also familiar. The build quality of the device is just... wow. I'm tempted to display it as art rather than use it, lol. That screen! The backlit keys! Very, very nicely done Apple ;)

So anyways, Hi! ;)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the Mac. Wow I remember ClarisWorks on my Performa 200 with 10 mb ram and 40 mb hard drive. My neighbor built a PC around this time with a 1gig hard drive I was so jealous.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2