Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Been following the site for a while, even posted a question anonymously once, but I decided today I'd pull the trigger on joining the forum. I've mostly used iOS, some Android, BlackBerry and even webOS, although most of my experience lies with the beloved iOS. Back here we've been slowly making the conversion to Apple from Windows. It all started with a hand-me-down MacBook, yes, the old plastic white one, then a 2011 iMac, and a 2012 MacBook Pro. My first iDevice was a 4th gen iPod touch (we actually got the original iPad when it came out, then returned it, fully underestimating its capabilities), used it until about just before the iOS 5 update, after which I sort of took a break from Apple and technology in general.
Between then and about March this year I saw the iOS 7 update and thought "iOS Manga, weird". About that time we had an iPad 2 and eventually got the iPad 4, which I didn't pay much attention to, if at all. Then I received the 1st gen mini as a present, and got plunged headlong into iOS...again. It was a Godsend for productivity and school work, right up until less than a month ago, when I discovered a second meaning for the iPod touch being a 'killer device' when it fell off the shelf and smashed the mini's screen (it now sits safely in a high-security basket). Used that as an excuse (read: legitimate reason) to upgrade after a great deal on an Retina about a week or two before this part iPad event (now you all know why the mini 3 was crippled, to make me not feel bad for upgrading when I did), and it absolutely rips through iOS like a beast. It joins the family of another 1st-gen mini, an iPad 4, and an iPad 1 3G (traded the 2 to the grandparents so they could have iOS 7). Not to mention a couple Froyo/Gingerbread phones (fragmentation! kill it with Fire (pun intended)!) a Playbook, which I admittedly use rather frequently, and an HP Touchpad (I know. Best. Tablet. Ever.)
Anyways, that's my lengthy "bio", hope to see you fellows around!

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner