I made the move... Hi!

kalo88

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been a long time Android user... I've had more android phones/tablets than I care to admit stretching back from the Galaxy S/Moto Atrix... All the way up to more recent flagships. Been big into rooting and tinkering and very much enjoyed my experience but the one thing I've noticed above and beyond anything else is apps and app quality. Despite the fact Android has .. 75-80% of the market, many of the apps just don't feel like they've got as much love as the iOS or even WP versions sometimes. Also, quite a few phones have had lots of niggley problems with very... 'meh' customer service (LG i'm looking at you!!!).

I'm not saying I've bought an apple phone to say 'Ohh look at my shiny new phone thats better than everything else' because that's not the case, I'm past wanting to tinker and mess around with my phone and just want a smooth experience with great app support which is what iPhones seem to offer! I just bought an iPhone 6 64GB Model and it's actually the same size as my LG G2 so will make the transition very easy! I'm also glad that if anything did happen I can walk into my local apple store (about 20 mins from my house) and speak to someone rather than having to ship it off, wait 3 weeks for them to send it back with the same issue (LG, looking at you again).

Hopefully it'll be a smooth move, my biggest gripe with iPhones of the past were small screens that just don't work for me in the slightest, now they've sorted that out i'm very excited to get my new phone!

After the long hello... heres a shorter version, Hey.. I'm a new iphone owner :)

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone club, you will soon be pulled into the Apple ecosystem.

As they say - "We are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave! " ;)

kalo88

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had friends in my ear for ages saying to move over, they weren't the deciding factor but in the same time of owning phones i've had multiple replacements (Warranty etc) or issues whilst they've had the same 1 iphone.... My windows PC went a bit iffy for a while, that got sent off for multiple repairs (Dell were really good about it but just couldnt fix it) so also bought a Macbook Pro which is coming tomorrow :) So I think i'll get into the ecosystem quite quickly, expensive month this is proving to be.. but If i get a good few years out of them i'll be happy!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and to the iPhone! I hope that you find you enjoy the phone as much as we do and I look forward to seeing around the community!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your phone, I'm loving mine

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on your new device. My good lady has taken my 5s from me and she's moved over from a Samsung Galaxy S2 so our house is filled with "how do I do this..." questions at the moment. She's goit the hang of it in a few hours though. The one thing I like about iOS i that I consider it to be far easier to get to grips with than Android as everything seems to be laid out in a more logical manner.

Good luck with the switch! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77