From a Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9930 to a Verizon iphone 5S...WOW! is all i can say

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Since 2009 I have been a happy Sprint BlackBerry (Crackberry) guy, But five years of "Bigger and better things are coming soon" from both Sprint and BlackBerry, first with Sprint saying "4G is coming soon to metro-Detroit"...that was 2010, now four years later most of metro-Detroit is still without 4G services. And BlackBerry, just sitting on their laurels for two years and giving BlackBerry users minor device upgrades every six to eight months. I got my Bold 9930 the day it was released, and was happy for the first year and a half and waited until the suppose WOW BB devices came out and was very disappointed in the cheap plastic feel of the Z10. When my contract ended in June 2013, I waited again for BB to at least have something by fall, they didn't. Then I seen the iphone 5S (Champagne color) and wanted to get it and the iphone 5C (Pink) for my gf, unfortunately I was fired from my job and had to wait until I got back on my feet again. This Summer I decided I was going to Apple for my handheld device (Having a ipad2 since 2011 made me want an iphone) Looked at the leaked iphone 6 photos and prefer the classic beauty of the Champagne iphone 5S, On July 9th I became an Applelite (Already having a ipod 4th gen & ipad2 ) I got a Verizon iphone 5S Champagne (Obviously) and Verizon Pink iphone 5C for my girlfriend. WOW! this is like going from black & white to HD color! I LOVE my iphone 5S and will happily bide my time with it until the iphone 7 comes out 09/2016. People can say "Apple Zombie" all they want, The iphone 5S is a beautiful and amazing device. Sorry R.I.P BlackBerry...The brand new day is now with my Apple iphone5S and more iphones to follow.

Last edited:

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Great decision bud! I am using iPhone 5 since last Year and what a fantastic device it is. Like you, I was a BB user(Curve, Torch) and back in Dec 2013, I gave it a shot to Z10 and dam, biggest mistake. Jumped back to iPhone 5 and couldn't be more happier!

My wife has green iPhone 5c and she is pretty much pleased.

Enjoy :)

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
From one former BlackBerry Bold 9930 user to another, Welcome to iMore! The 5S is an awesome device. Enjoy your stay at iMore.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey girl how have you been? See you did like I just did and got an iphone...hope you are loving it like I am mine.

TOTALLY loving mine. But if you remember. I've has an iPhone since 2009.

BlackBerry finally took a direction I would not follow. I want native apps, not workarounds. I want a whole ecosystem. I want world class support. I want dependability.

So I put my Q10 at the bottom of my bag and I use my iPhone as my daily driver.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I believe you will thoroughly enjoy your 5s. We have a great "How To" section. What you can't find, just ask!

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's right qbnkelt forgot you had forethought and vision back then while I stubbornly held on to a BlackBerry. Also the champagne (gold) looks so classy in your hand, I've been just holding it and admiring it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to bear Blackberry isn't cutting it for you anymore. But we are here with open arms. Welcome to iMore. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711