Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

Default From a Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9930 to a Verizon iphone 5S...WOW! is all i can say

Since 2009 I have been a happy Sprint BlackBerry (Crackberry) guy, But five years of "Bigger and better things are coming soon" from both Sprint and BlackBerry, first with Sprint saying "4G is coming soon to metro-Detroit"...that was 2010, now four years later most of metro-Detroit is still without 4G services. And BlackBerry, just sitting on their laurels for two years and giving BlackBerry users minor device upgrades every six to eight months. I got my Bold 9930 the day it was released, and was happy for the first year and a half and waited until the suppose WOW BB devices came out and was very disappointed in the cheap plastic feel of the Z10. When my contract ended in June 2013, I waited again for BB to at least have something by fall, they didn't. Then I seen the iphone 5S (Champagne color) and wanted to get it and the iphone 5C (Pink) for my gf, unfortunately I was fired from my job and had to wait until I got back on my feet again. This Summer I decided I was going to Apple for my handheld device (Having a ipad2 since 2011 made me want an iphone) Looked at the leaked iphone 6 photos and prefer the classic beauty of the Champagne iphone 5S, On July 9th I became an Applelite (Already having a ipod 4th gen & ipad2 ) I got a Verizon iphone 5S Champagne (Obviously) and Verizon Pink iphone 5C for my girlfriend. WOW! this is like going from black & white to HD color! I LOVE my iphone 5S and will happily bide my time with it until the iphone 7 comes out 09/2016. People can say "Apple Zombie" all they want, The iphone 5S is a beautiful and amazing device. Sorry R.I.P BlackBerry...The brand new day is now with my Apple iphone5S and more iphones to follow.
    Last edited by leftypepper716; 07-31-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Default Re: From a Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9930 to a Verizon iphone 5S...WOW! is all i can say

Well howdy! I remember you!

Welcome to iMore and congrats on your iPhone 5s!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    Thanked by:
    leftypepper716 (07-31-2014)

Default Re: From a Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9930 to a Verizon iphone 5S...WOW! is all i can say

Welcome to iMore and Congrats on your new 5s.....ENJOY
    Thanked by:
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Great decision bud! I am using iPhone 5 since last Year and what a fantastic device it is. Like you, I was a BB user(Curve, Torch) and back in Dec 2013, I gave it a shot to Z10 and dam, biggest mistake. Jumped back to iPhone 5 and couldn't be more happier!

My wife has green iPhone 5c and she is pretty much pleased.

Enjoy

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    List of devices - iPod Classic 30GB(Model - 2006,Black colour), iPhone 5 16GB(Black/Slate), iPad mini 1st gen 16GB(Black/Slate) and MacBook Air 13" 128GB(Early 2014,Silver)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

Hey girl how have you been? See you did like I just did and got an iphone...hope you are loving it like I am mine.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (07-31-2014)
    qbnkelt likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

thanks agarwal.apar
    agarwal.apar likes this.

Global Posts
    16,055 Global Posts
    iOS Version

From one former BlackBerry Bold 9930 user to another, Welcome to iMore! The 5S is an awesome device. Enjoy your stay at iMore.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,532 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Nice turn of events thanks for sharing and enjoy your new device
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

Thank you all so much for your comments and I am very happy to be part of imore forums.
    kataran likes this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

Thank you so much fellow Champagne iphone 5S owner Why did you choose gold (champagne) ?

Quote Originally Posted by leftypepper716 View Post
    Hey girl how have you been? See you did like I just did and got an iphone...hope you are loving it like I am mine.
    TOTALLY loving mine. But if you remember. I've has an iPhone since 2009.

BlackBerry finally took a direction I would not follow. I want native apps, not workarounds. I want a whole ecosystem. I want world class support. I want dependability.

So I put my Q10 at the bottom of my bag and I use my iPhone as my daily driver.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup....
    kataran likes this.

Thank you so much fellow Champagne iphone 5S owner Why did you choose gold (champagne) ?
    I fell in love with the pictures. The Champagne is just very classy looking.

Welcome to iMore and enjoy your 5s.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    Thanked by:

Welcome to iMore! I believe you will thoroughly enjoy your 5s. We have a great "How To" section. What you can't find, just ask!
    Thanked by:
    leftypepper716 and JustMe'D like this.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    ipad 2

That's right qbnkelt forgot you had forethought and vision back then while I stubbornly held on to a BlackBerry. Also the champagne (gold) looks so classy in your hand, I've been just holding it and admiring it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    pr1nce and Spencerdl like this.

Global Posts
    22,946 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to iMore...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    878 Global Posts

I'm sorry to bear Blackberry isn't cutting it for you anymore. But we are here with open arms. Welcome to iMore.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Global Posts
    4,643 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden

Global Posts
    4,643 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I fell in love with the pictures. The Champagne is just very classy looking.
    Couldn't agree more. That phone is for pimps and people with swag..
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,731 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1.1

Welcome to iMore! Enjoy the 5s, it won't let you down
     iPhone 6-64 GB Space Gray T-Mobile 
     iPad Air 2-64 GB Wi-Fi Space Gray 
    Pebble Smart Watch-Black

Global Posts
    1,851 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 8

Welcome to iMore. Enjoy that 5s of yours; it's a remarkable phone!
    Thanked by:
    leftypepper716 (08-05-2014)

Global Posts
    6,532 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's nice and also different from the usual phones you see
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    It's nice and also different from the usual phones you see
    I know! I like the HTC copperish goldish colour but I've got to say I'm not keen on the Samsung Galaxy 5. That one just didn't have it.

Apple did it best. Of course. No other company beats Apple's sense of aesthetics.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    878 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I know! I like the HTC copperish goldish colour but I've got to say I'm not keen on the Samsung Galaxy 5. That one just didn't have it.

Apple did it best. Of course. No other company beats Apple's sense of aesthetics.
    I agree, Apple does Gold best!

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your new device.
    iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB - 64 GB iPad Air - 2014 Mac Book Air

Got a question:
    New to the Forums:
    How we work around here:
    Thanked by:
    leftypepper716 (08-05-2014)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast