I think I'm ready...

mrlugo88

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Thought I officially make my first post here at the iMore forums in this section and introduce myself.

A little about my experience with smartphones. I have always been the type to have the latest. I started on BlackBerry. Had the Pearl (my favorite phone), and a Storm. While I loved Blackberry, when the OG Droid came out, I had to have it. I loved the customization that Android came with. I've gone through so many Androids it would take too long to type. Soon I got bored with Android and the hardware. I was ready to try something new. So I went with WP.

I currently have a Lumia Icon. I've always been a fan of Nokia and their commitment to great hardware and their cameras. And while I've enjoyed using the Icon, my experience with WP hasn't been the same. While there are many things I like on WP, there are also alot that just makes the experience....well, less than great. The limitations on WP are starting to wear on me. So I'm back on the hunt.

I have never considered myself a diehard fan of any one particular OS or phone maker (except Nokia :) ). But I always was quick to say I wouldn't dare get an iPhone. I always felt as though they were behind in certain aspects that I want in my phone. However, I have to say, the iPhone 6 has caught my eye.

It could be the bigger screen, the improved camera, the fact that Android has not come out with anything that has impressed me, or the fact that the iPhone is the only phone I've yet to try that has me intrigued. Actually it's all the above. While Samsung, LG, HTC have come out with great phones, they all have issues that have made me stay away. And the iPhone 6 looks to have made some significant changes that now have me ready to make the leap.

If you've made it this far, I thank you 😊. That was me ranting and rambling a bit. The point is I feel as though I'm ready to make the switch to an iPhone and iOS. So ill be lurking and commenting trying to soak in all the info I can on the iPhone and iOS. Been a while since I've been this excited to switch but I genuinely am to move over. Thanks for....reading 😁

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. So glad you joined the forum.
I can't wait for the iPhone 6. I've got a feeling it's going to be a fantastic device!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!! I do hope that you at least give the iphone 6 a spin and see if you like it along with the operating system. It sounds like you have been paying attention to the current flapships out there and what they offer. What is it that keeps you away from the certain android flagships? What has Apple improved, or looks likely to impove upon, that has relieved some of your fears of trying it out? I am always interested in others' perspectives :)

mrlugo88

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome!! I do hope that you at least give the iphone 6 a spin and see if you like it along with the operating system. It sounds like you have been paying attention to the current flapships out there and what they offer. What is it that keeps you away from the certain android flagships? What has Apple improved, or looks likely to impove upon, that has relieved some of your fears of trying it out? I am always interested in others' perspectives :)

mrlugo88

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I completely messed that last post lol.

As far as Android flagships, nothing is impressive to me. The HTC One lacks a decent camera and I prefer to not have to worry about my phone slipping out of my hands. As far as LG, the QHD screen seems to a disappointment, as far as what was expected. I'm sure in time they will get better, but that along with the skin, eh, not a fan. Samsung seems like a gimmicky phone to me. Never liked it.

I've also been done with Android. Every android phone I've had I've always felt I needed to tweak it, root it to get the way I liked it. I was never satisfied. I got tired of wasting time on it.

As far as Apple goes, the bigger screen, improved camera are the major changes attracting me. And now I'm looking for a phone that wont take time tinkering and all that. One that straight up just works. Android and WP are not like that. There's been no debate iOS does. All these things combined have me looking and ready to make the switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2