None tablet owner yet-just saying HELLO and needing help

Colin7145

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Looking for some guidence on which tablet to buy,it is a bit of a minefield into the unknown,got a maximum of ?400 to spend so any help would be most appreciated,Apple Air v Samsung both seem ok to me, but which one performs the best,and which is the easiest to set up

Cheers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Colin7145 and thank you for posting your question. Having said that, and although both devices can serve your purposes, I think the iPad is the easiest to set up and use out of the box.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Tablets in General are very easy to set up if your getting the wifi version there's no carrier setup so it's a more register and charger affair

Advice about purchase is geared to your taste and what your use too

Buying in line with your smartphone usually helps with syncing your apps but other than that it's pretty much straight forward

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to IMore Colin, I really can't tell which tablet would be best for you. It depends on what you want and need. For me it's the iPad and setting it up is a step by step. And the people hear are very willing to help. Best of luck.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad to have you as a member. It would certainly benefit you to go to a store that sells different tablets and see which ones you like best and go from there along with the other advice. Good luck to you.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Colin. If you have an iPhone you should get a iPad. If you have an Android phone you should get an Android tablet. That will make setup and syncing easier.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Colin, welcome to iMore.

Always good to have another brit on board too.

Personally, I would go with an iPad but then I just think they are most robust, both in terms of operating system and hardware than pretty much anything that another manufacturer produces.

Yes they are more expensive though but I do believe that you get a great product for your money.

I've had bad experiences with Samsung devices so I wouldn't personally recommend them, but this is only my opinion of course.

Colin7145

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to say thank to everyone who as made me so welcome to this sight,it so nice in this day and age to getting a "welcome as good as that" would just like say that i have bought the apple ipad the 4th generation one,so far i am extremely happy with it.

Colin

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Colin :) sounds like a shopping trip would be helpful. I know it can be confusing. If you have an iPhone currently my vote would be another Apple product.

Lol look at that!! I should have read the last post :)
Congratz on the new iPad Colin!!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW