From android to iOS.

BERRYNOID

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks, Im from portugal, and Im 20yo.
I have an Android phone rn, a galaxy s3, but im getting very frustrated with it, and rage after rage I started to think about getting a Blackberry (Q10), which imo is a great device, very fluid but the lack of native apps got me :sarcastic:and I realized I'd be much behind everybody else.
Next wednesday I'll get my 5S or 5C (Im more into the 5S because of the fingerprint, build quality and the slowmo feature)

My first question (I dont know if it was already answered, but i cant find it here on iMore) is :
I love all the 3 colors, but in your opinion which is the one that we dont notice scratches easily?

PEACE OUT BYE.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks, Im from portugal, and Im 20yo.
I have an Android phone rn, a galaxy s3, but im getting very frustrated with it, and rage after rage I started to think about getting a Blackberry (Q10), which imo is a great device, very fluid but the lack of native apps got me :sarcastic:and I realized I'd be much behind everybody else.
Next wednesday I'll get my 5S or 5C (Im more into the 5S because of the fingerprint, build quality and the slowmo feature)

My first question (I dont know if it was already answered, but i cant find it here on iMore) is :
I love all the 3 colors, but in your opinion which is the one that we dont notice scratches easily?

PEACE OUT BYE.

Hello!
Welcome to iMore.com. We have a tremendous user base that is very helpful and knowledgeable.
If you need anything, please reach out to me. Please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Thanks and again glad to have you here!!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Berrynoid and welcome to iMore! :)

I think the darker colours will show scratches more if, as I believe, the dark colour doesn't run all the way through the metal.

Usually the bezel of a phone will be coated in the colour rather than the metal actually being created in the colour, so any scratch would show the silver metal beneath. This would be more noticeable on a darker phone.

Whilst the 5C is a great phone, the 5S is simply perfect in my opinion. Good luck with it.

(I favour the gold colour, by the way).

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. We appreciate you taking the time to introduce yourself. Take a look around the forums. Enjoy your stay.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

We are pleased to have you as one of our new members. The Gold is great but the silver might hide the scratches the best but if your careful you won't have to many it's like a new car don't park it in a pocket full of keys

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and super glad to have a new member join our group. I hope you like it here as much as we do and if you need anything, Just ask. :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Bom dia, Berrynoid. ;)
I'm not an Ambassador or Moderator or anything, which makes me feel a bit inadequate posting here, but anyway.. welcome :)
With regard to your question: If you want to carry your iPhone around 'naked' and like having a pristine looking device - go for the white/silver one.
I've got my iP5 since 2012, never been a huge fan of cases and therefore it sure had to suffer some drops and contact with keys/coins in my pocket. Almost 2 years later it still looks great, both edges and back. We've got some black iPhones in the family; they're a year younger than my white Phone, also have never seen a case and already look worse than mine. As for the golden iPhone: A friend of mine has been using hers for 4-5 months, actually uses a very thin case and yet I can make out very visible scratches at the back of the phone. I don't think it's as "bad" as it is with the black ones, but still more prone to scratches than white/silver.

I've got a blue 5C as well... and as counterintuitive as it may sound, I think they are the most robust iPhones. I've tried to scratch it, I've dropped it... it is VERY solid. You give it a good wipe and it looks brand new. So yeah, it is a very good option to consider as well. If you prefer the look of the 5S though and fancy Touch ID, go for that :)

That's all I had to say. Good luck!

BERRYNOID

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Bom dia, Berrynoid. ;)
I'm not an Ambassador or Moderator or anything, which makes me feel a bit inadequate posting here, but anyway.. welcome :)
With regard to your question: If you want to carry your iPhone around 'naked' and like having a pristine looking device - go for the white/silver one.
I've got my iP5 since 2012, never been a huge fan of cases and therefore it sure had to suffer some drops and contact with keys/coins in my pocket. Almost 2 years later it still looks great, both edges and back. We've got some black iPhones in the family; they're a year younger than my white Phone, also have never seen a case and already look worse than mine. As for the golden iPhone: A friend of mine has been using hers for 4-5 months, actually uses a very thin case and yet I can make out very visible scratches at the back of the phone. I don't think it's as "bad" as it is with the black ones, but still more prone to scratches than white/silver.

I've got a blue 5C as well... and as counterintuitive as it may sound, I think they are the most robust iPhones. I've tried to scratch it, I've dropped it... it is VERY solid. You give it a good wipe and it looks brand new. So yeah, it is a very good option to consider as well. If you prefer the look of the 5S though and fancy Touch ID, go for that :)

That's all I had to say. Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
And I'm really thinking about getting the 5s just because I've been using plastic for some years (i know the 5c plastics are not the same as HTC or samsung) and just because it will be my first iphone I want to feel the real feel of the iPhone the premium aluminium.
I'm really considering the silver one or the black!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW