Hi All, I switched from BB10 to the iPhone 5s

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!

Last edited:

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you will have gained or lost.... BB 10 will pretty much set the standard..... If it's ever acknowledged as such by the public. Not sure that will happen tho. Enjoy your new toy

Long time BlackBerry user, loved the legacy devices and tried to love BB10, but grew tired of the lack of apps and overall functionality. I had dabbled in iPhones before, but always went back to BB. Well, I had activated my old 4s about a week ago and realized that it was much more polished and had "more of what I needed" so went to the local Apple store and got a 5s...off contract. Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To quote you"
Not a cheap return to the iOS world. So far, it has been worth it...functions as I want, fast and smooth, and the apps that I need.

Just wanted to share that I think that I have found a winner!" ... I think this says it all and you will be so happy at the simplicity and what everyone seems to say as well when asked why they purchased an iPhone and the answer is... Because it just works. Add all of this up along with your comments and you have a winning combo.
Now you can go for the iPad mini or Air and grow from there and get hooked like the rest of us.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you will have gained or lost.... BB 10 will pretty much set the standard..... If it's ever acknowledged as such by the public. Not sure that will happen tho. Enjoy your new toy

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Set the standard? I wouldn't say that, bb paved the way for enterprise business many years ago but bb10 is hardly revolutionary(I have one for work). The keyboard works well, but from my experience that's where the advantages stop.

As for OP, enjoy the awesome 5s!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome and yes it's worth the full price some will feel you sold out but BB lovers are popular here on iMore and will express it regularly 😴

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Very nice to have you here. I'm currently on a 4s. The iPhone 5c or 5s will probably be my next device. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all for the warm welcome, and I know that some BB users will feel that I sold out, but I still have my Z10 and Q10. When BB10 (and the app situation) matures...who knows?

Right now I am enjoying rocking the 5s.

macaroon9

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I switched from my Z10 to a 4s a month ago, and so far i'm loving it! The apps were the deciding factor for me. Hope you enjoy the 5s! Hopefully I'll be getting one soon :)

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Set the standard? I wouldn't say that, bb paved the way for enterprise business many years ago but bb10 is hardly revolutionary(I have one for work). The keyboard works well, but from my experience that's where the advantages stop.

As for OP, enjoy the awesome 5s!

Have to disagree. Hands down BB10 in terms of OS purely it's set the standard, especially for multitasking on a mobile device. Productivity it's not even close, I've got z10 and 5s, so it's no fandom. If Bberry had this OS out 2 years ago they wouldn't have lost the mindshare which selling devices really has become about. Gestured based OS although more complicated are the move only way to really navigate on small real estate of mobile device in multitasking mode. BB10 does this better than any mobile OS, next time try and check your text message while in your game on your iphone without leaving the app? Something peak and hub gesture on BB10 allows. And while the app maturity is lacking on BB10 , all major apps have a native bb10 app, and the web browser on bb10 is best on mobile device I've seen, you can even put it in desktop mode so all sites are rendered like your desktop and not in some cases rendered as the mobile version. Productivity ie excel, word, exchange, etc ... Integration is still light years better on bb10.

The big advantage I find on iOS is the app maturity but again this Bberry marketing is atrocious , people consider this a part of Bberry putting out a shoddy product, this is not Bberry bb10 OS related other than bb10 is a new ecosystem and it takes time for devs to learn new dev kits as well as get incentive to build native apps. It took what 18 months for even a native Instagram app on android. bberry management needs to do their part to regain mindshare that's their number one problem, but bb10 as a product is freaking awesome as an OS. It's a shame too so few have actually used it. Again though I have both phones so I can have the best of both worlds.

Blackberry_Boss

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
He is correct as I also just use my iPhone 4 for a couple apps I cant get on my BB Z10. The app situation is a weird one because you can put android apps on the Z10 but its not native. Typical people dismiss BB because of the lack of apps which also makes them think the OS sucks. The OS is years ahead of its time, all thought it a bit difficult at first the speed at which you get things done is greater on the Z10 than my iPhone. With time I think BB will totally out class Apple in the OS department but the app situation is a different subject. At the end of the day I'm still PRO BlackBerry!!!:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen