Hey Guys! Soon-to-be former GS3 Owner here...

efn77

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone! Well as the title says, I'm currently an unhappy GS3 owner. But as I've decided to move my service to T-Mobile, I have ordered a Space Gray 32GB iPhone 5S to kick things off. I have owned an iPhone before. While I won't abandon Android (my tablet is a new Nexus 7), I realized that (on the phone side of the fence) all these stupid manufacturer skins (Touchwiz, Sense, etc..) have RUINED the experience for me. Nexus phones would be ideal, but since NONE are carrier supported, I'd be up a tree should anything happen to it. I speak from experience too :crying: I had a Galaxy Nexus which took a nasty fall. Since I couldn't insure the device....well you get the idea.

I'm really looking forward to this iPhone, and the STABILITY that it will offer. I mostly listen to music, and because my entire library is based on iTunes...Android has never really played nice with that. The music players are problematic at best. Syncing and managing music and playlists are just so much simpler when it involves iTunes and and Apple device. So after a 2 year absence...I'm back!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
So nice to have you back with us. I've heard so many great things about the 5s. I hope you really enjoy it. Welcome! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone! Well as the title says, I'm currently an unhappy GS3 owner. But as I've decided to move my service to T-Mobile, I have ordered a Space Gray 32GB iPhone 5S to kick things off. I have owned an iPhone before. While I won't abandon Android (my tablet is a new Nexus 7), I realized that (on the phone side of the fence) all these stupid manufacturer skins (Touchwiz, Sense, etc..) have RUINED the experience for me. Nexus phones would be ideal, but since NONE are carrier supported, I'd be up a tree should anything happen to it. I speak from experience too :crying: I had a Galaxy Nexus which took a nasty fall. Since I couldn't insure the device....well you get the idea.

I'm really looking forward to this iPhone, and the STABILITY that it will offer. I mostly listen to music, and because my entire library is based on iTunes...Android has never really played nice with that. The music players are problematic at best. Syncing and managing music and playlists are just so much simpler when it involves iTunes and and Apple device. So after a 2 year absence...I'm back!

Welcome to iMore.

as far as Nexus devices not being supported by carriers, T-Mobile supports the Nexus 4

Google Nexus 4 | New Nexus 4 Google Phone | T-Mobile

I had no trouble adding handset protection for $8 a month during the purchase process.

efn77

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I knew about the Nexus 4 being supported, but the two issues I have with it, is that the highest it goes is 16GB. I needed at least 32GB. Second, I won't know how much wireless signal has improved here until I receive the phone, but last time I was with TMO (about 4 years ago) coverage was abysmal. Their LTE network is supposedly in place here now, and the Nexus 4 doesn't use that network.

It's unknown if TMO will even offer the Nexus 5, but I can't wait around to find out. I figure I'll be perfectly happy with the 5S anyways. Between it and my Nexus 7, I'll have the best of both worlds!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using iMore Forums mobile app

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

Wow... s3 owner with a 32gb space gray 5S here too!
And I have an Android tablet!

I'll tell you my experience switching back:
- you will hit the front of the iPhone where the back button is on the s3. Give it time
- iOS7 is a bigger jump, things are the same, but different
- if you get the 5S and are unhappy about it- give it a few days to adjust to iOS7 before deciding to return it

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back after 2 years and we wont hold that against you. We are just happy you have decided to get a great phone as your comeback, It is the one I am waiting on as well. You are going to love these forum. Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!

efn77

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow... s3 owner with a 32gb space gray 5S here too!
And I have an Android tablet!

I'll tell you my experience switching back:
- you will hit the front of the iPhone where the back button is on the s3. Give it time
- iOS7 is a bigger jump, things are the same, but different
- if you get the 5S and are unhappy about it- give it a few days to adjust to iOS7 before deciding to return it

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be hitting buttons that aren't there! iOS 5 was the last version I had any real experience with, so I expect iOS 7 will be a significant change. But that's a learning curve I'm more than willing to put myself through.

Funny thing happened today too....the Nexus 5 was officially announced and is available tomorrow. For a second, the thought had occurred to me to go after that device instead (that I know of, my iPhone hasn't even shipped yet). But as I ate lunch today, I went through the possible pros and cons of ditching the iPhone in favor of the Nexus. In the end I decided to stay with the iPhone. I mostly listen to music, and I feel the iPhone is far superior in THAT aspect. I know I could've just gotten an iPod, but I'm not one to carry around 2 devices. I'd rather have one superior all-in-one device. There's also the fact that an Apple product will integrate SMOOTHLY with the entertainment system in my vehicle. Honda, among many others, designed their systems with Apple in mind.

So I can get used to the button layout (or lack thereof), and I can certainly learn a new OS...I will ask questions or YouTube them if I need any help. Only reason I see myself returning the phone, is if I decide that TMO service is NOT going to work out for me. I have one Nexus device...I don't need TWO of them. I'm hardly a fanatic of either OS. I prefer to see this as the best of both worlds.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be hitting buttons that aren't there! iOS 5 was the last version I had any real experience with, so I expect iOS 7 will be a significant change. But that's a learning curve I'm more than willing to put myself through.

Funny thing happened today too....the Nexus 5 was officially announced and is available tomorrow. For a second, the thought had occurred to me to go after that device instead (that I know of, my iPhone hasn't even shipped yet). But as I ate lunch today, I went through the possible pros and cons of ditching the iPhone in favor of the Nexus. In the end I decided to stay with the iPhone. I mostly listen to music, and I feel the iPhone is far superior in THAT aspect. I know I could've just gotten an iPod, but I'm not one to carry around 2 devices. I'd rather have one superior all-in-one device. There's also the fact that an Apple product will integrate SMOOTHLY with the entertainment system in my vehicle. Honda, among many others, designed their systems with Apple in mind.

So I can get used to the button layout (or lack thereof), and I can certainly learn a new OS...I will ask questions or YouTube them if I need any help. Only reason I see myself returning the phone, is if I decide that TMO service is NOT going to work out for me. I have one Nexus device...I don't need TWO of them. I'm hardly a fanatic of either OS. I prefer to see this as the best of both worlds.

Nexus con? Not on verizon. Done!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here. Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Note 2 of eBay and I really like having that bigger screen. I still have my iPhone 5 I also put all my music from my iTunes on it. I myself really want a iPhone with a bigger screen. I plan on keeping both for now see how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using iMore Forums mobile app

efn77

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Note 2 of eBay and I really like having that bigger screen. I still have my iPhone 5 I also put all my music from my iTunes on it. I myself really want a iPhone with a bigger screen. I plan on keeping both for now see how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using iMore Forums mobile app

If the rumors hold true...next years iPhone MAY have a larger screen!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner