So i've decided i'll get an iphone after saying i'll never buy one. what should i do to prepare. any must have apps or accessories i should get to make my experience better
    09-17-2013 02:59 AM
    These two forums are a great place for you to start looking with lots of great info to help you out.
    http://forums.imore.com/apps-games/...........http://forums.imore.com/accessories/
    ankush77 likes this.
    09-17-2013 04:03 AM
    Welcome to the iPhone lol.
    It all depends in what you like

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro
    09-17-2013 04:10 AM
    So i've decided i'll get an iphone after saying i'll never buy one. what should i do to prepare. any must have apps or accessories i should get to make my experience better
    what phone are you coming from? knowing this will help folks know more of what to advise you. (like if you use android, how to get google contacts over to iphone) also if you can, go get the iphone from an apple store, not a carrier. apple stores will have people ready to help you set it up right after you buy it, and get you going, a free service they provide to customers. They'll help you get your contacts and such over and recommend some apps and everything.
    09-17-2013 05:37 AM
    Coming from Lumia 920
    09-17-2013 05:58 AM
    Welcome
    09-17-2013 06:49 AM
    Just make sure your contacts, calendars, notes, etc are synced to a cloud source or your computer.

Browse the AppStore in iTunes and find what you want. Go ahead and buy if you want. Then when you get the iPhone just go to the AppStore app to the purchased tab and select the apps to download.
    09-17-2013 06:53 AM
    Welcome to iMore! I moved this thread to the Introductions forum.

​Coming from a Lumia, you'll be blown away by the sheer volume of apps available in the app store.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
    09-17-2013 07:06 AM
    Welcome to iMore, and good luck with your new iPhone. If you haven't already, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines, and If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thanks again for introducing yourself & becoming part of the iMore family. Take care...
    09-17-2013 07:19 AM
    Welcome to imore and the iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2013 07:24 AM
    Welcome to iMore,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!
    09-17-2013 07:49 AM
    Welcome to iMore! There's a lot of very friendly and knowledgable people here. Enjoy your new iPhone.
    09-17-2013 08:28 AM
    ​Coming from a Lumia, you'll be blown away by the sheer volume of apps available in the app store.
    This is very true. I just spent some time with Windows Phone. While the app situation is not nearly as bad as many would have you believe, you just can't compare it to what the iPhone has to work with. The quantity and quality of apps is unmatched with iOS. Enjoy your new phone.
    09-17-2013 10:04 AM
    Get a case.

The new leather ones from Apple seem neat. Otherwise just get one that you know won't damage the phone.

Also, because those cables cost so much, just bite the bullet and get a couple extra lightning cables at the start -- one for the car, one for the travel bag, and so on.

Some people like the super heavy cases, like the Otterbox. I don't. Your mileage may vary.
    09-17-2013 11:16 AM
    Please come back after you get the iPhone and let us know how your experience is going.

Thanks!
    09-17-2013 11:31 AM
    Welcome to iMore nzrocketman I think you jumped in the right direction ! You are gonna love your new iPhone !
    09-17-2013 12:08 PM
    Welcome to the iMore forums and happy to hear you are going in the right direction... We are happy to have you hear and the links that Irish Rose provided indeed are a great place to start including the forum of the phone you are going with. Best of luck.
    ankush77 likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:19 PM
    This is very true. I just spent some time with Windows Phone. While the app situation is not nearly as bad as many would have you believe, you just can't compare it to what the iPhone has to work with. The quantity and quality of apps is unmatched with iOS. Enjoy your new phone.
    I really enjoy WP8 and never had a problem apart from all the local apps dont come to WP. which is mainly why i've decided to to move to the Iphone. Also it holds value so i can upgrade every year and only have to pay 200 extra for the latest version.

i hope i dont regret it. Now i just have to wait til the 5s is released in New Zealand
    09-17-2013 12:19 PM
    Welcome to the iSide of life. I was in the same boat you were in. I was content with my malfunctioning BB and it's downfalls and shortcomings. I swore off ever getting an iPhone.

Now I won't use anything but an iPhone.
    09-17-2013 03:00 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    09-17-2013 03:27 PM
    Hope you enjoy your new device!
    09-17-2013 05:08 PM
    My parents got iPhones. At a glance they come pretty well populated with apps right out of the box. My dad (86 years old) likes to peruse the app store, but other than specific banking apps, I don't think there is much he needs that isn't already there. A thoughtful array of apps I must say.
    09-17-2013 05:43 PM
    These two forums are a great place for you to start looking with lots of great info to help you out.
    http://forums.imore.com/apps-games/...........http://forums.imore.com/accessories/
    iPhone and iPad tips and how-to | iMore. Also, this. Quick crash course and good first place to go with the "how do I" questions. I have it saved to home screen... Still use it now and then.

Congrats and welcome! You will like it here...
    09-17-2013 07:19 PM
    I had the 920 for awhile, since launch in fact, and went through half a year of Microsoft sitting on their hands. While apps are great and by all means increase productivity and all are a lot of fun it is the OS that is beyond refined. Actually works. It is fantastic. Also, live tiles are beyond overrated as they don't update nearly as enough. Have fun.
    09-18-2013 01:50 AM
    Welcome to the iSide of life. I was in the same boat you were in. I was content with my malfunctioning BB and it's downfalls and shortcomings. I swore off ever getting an iPhone.

Now I won't use anything but an iPhone.
    I'm in the same boat now as you were.

I'll be getting a 5S and retiring my Blackberry.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    09-18-2013 05:21 AM
32 12