So i'm jumping ship to the Iphone

nzrocketman

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
So i've decided i'll get an iphone after saying i'll never buy one. what should i do to prepare. any must have apps or accessories i should get to make my experience better

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So i've decided i'll get an iphone after saying i'll never buy one. what should i do to prepare. any must have apps or accessories i should get to make my experience better
what phone are you coming from? knowing this will help folks know more of what to advise you. (like if you use android, how to get google contacts over to iphone) also if you can, go get the iphone from an apple store, not a carrier. apple stores will have people ready to help you set it up right after you buy it, and get you going, a free service they provide to customers. They'll help you get your contacts and such over and recommend some apps and everything.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I moved this thread to the Introductions forum.

​Coming from a Lumia, you'll be blown away by the sheer volume of apps available in the app store.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and good luck with your new iPhone. If you haven't already, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines, and If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thanks again for introducing yourself & becoming part of the iMore family. Take care...:)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
​Coming from a Lumia, you'll be blown away by the sheer volume of apps available in the app store.

This is very true. I just spent some time with Windows Phone. While the app situation is not nearly as bad as many would have you believe, you just can't compare it to what the iPhone has to work with. The quantity and quality of apps is unmatched with iOS. Enjoy your new phone.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Get a case.

The new leather ones from Apple seem neat. Otherwise just get one that you know won't damage the phone.

Also, because those cables cost so much, just bite the bullet and get a couple extra lightning cables at the start -- one for the car, one for the travel bag, and so on.

Some people like the super heavy cases, like the Otterbox. I don't. Your mileage may vary.

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Please come back after you get the iPhone and let us know how your experience is going.

Thanks!

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore nzrocketman :biggrin: I think you jumped in the right direction ! You are gonna love your new iPhone !

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore forums and happy to hear you are going in the right direction...:) We are happy to have you hear and the links that Irish Rose provided indeed are a great place to start including the forum of the phone you are going with. Best of luck.

nzrocketman

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
This is very true. I just spent some time with Windows Phone. While the app situation is not nearly as bad as many would have you believe, you just can't compare it to what the iPhone has to work with. The quantity and quality of apps is unmatched with iOS. Enjoy your new phone.
I really enjoy WP8 and never had a problem apart from all the local apps dont come to WP. which is mainly why i've decided to to move to the Iphone. Also it holds value so i can upgrade every year and only have to pay 200 extra for the latest version.

i hope i dont regret it. Now i just have to wait til the 5s is released in New Zealand

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iSide of life. I was in the same boat you were in. I was content with my malfunctioning BB and it's downfalls and shortcomings. I swore off ever getting an iPhone.

Now I won't use anything but an iPhone. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro