So i'm jumping ship to the Iphone

npunk42

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So i've decided i'll get an iphone after saying i'll never buy one. what should i do to prepare. any must have apps or accessories i should get to make my experience better

My parents got iPhones. At a glance they come pretty well populated with apps right out of the box. My dad (86 years old) likes to peruse the app store, but other than specific banking apps, I don't think there is much he needs that isn't already there. A thoughtful array of apps I must say.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the 920 for awhile, since launch in fact, and went through half a year of Microsoft sitting on their hands. While apps are great and by all means increase productivity and all are a lot of fun it is the OS that is beyond refined. Actually works. It is fantastic. Also, live tiles are beyond overrated as they don't update nearly as enough. Have fun.

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iSide of life. I was in the same boat you were in. I was content with my malfunctioning BB and it's downfalls and shortcomings. I swore off ever getting an iPhone.

Now I won't use anything but an iPhone. :)

I'm in the same boat now as you were.

I'll be getting a 5S and retiring my Blackberry.

ElizabethHeels

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am also jumping ship to the iPhone from a flip phone, so this will be my first smartphone. Do you recommend upgrading to just the 5 or the 5c? The 5 and 5c are better price points on my plan which is why I'd be upgrading to one of them. Not sure I like the 5c plastic case...

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am also jumping ship to the iPhone from a flip phone, so this will be my first smartphone. Do you recommend upgrading to just the 5 or the 5c? The 5 and 5c are better price points on my plan which is why I'd be upgrading to one of them. Not sure I like the 5c plastic case...

I suggest the 5 unless you really want a slightly improved front camera.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
what phone are you coming from? knowing this will help folks know more of what to advise you. (like if you use android, how to get google contacts over to iphone) also if you can, go get the iphone from an apple store, not a carrier. apple stores will have people ready to help you set it up right after you buy it, and get you going, a free service they provide to customers. They'll help you get your contacts and such over and recommend some apps and everything.

Or Best Buy. They make sure everything is working before you leave.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro