New to iMore, returning to Apple

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm a WPCentral member who has decided to leave WP8. I've preordered a 5C.

In making my decision, I've spent several months lurking on iMore and have found much useful information here. I'm also impressed at how kind and welcoming the community here is.

I worked at home from 2000 to 2009, when the whole smartphone thing was getting going, and never had a need for one. In 2009 I returned to my previous career, which involves much travelling around within my metropolitan area, and my boss said I had to have a smartphone so I could be reachable by phone, e-mail, or text. So, being a complete smartphone newbie, I got a BlackBerry as that seemed safest. Since then I've had an iPhone 3G, BlackBerry 9700, HTC Titan 2 (Windows Phone), Razr M, and Nokia Lumia 822 (also WP). I've jumped around a lot, and learned a lot about smartphones in the process -- or at least a lot more than I knew when I started, but I'm still no expert and so I rely on the great info I've found on the Mobile Nations forums.

I'm happy to be returning to the iPhone and am looking forward to interacting with all you nice people! :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Claude! I'm glad you've chosen us as your go-to site. This is a friendly place, and we have some of the smartest smartphone geeks around. Just let us know if we can help you in any way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Claude. I hope it is your intent to become a longtime member of our community because we'd love to have you among us. Feel free to read throughout the forums and participate as you see fit within the boundaries of our Community Rules & Guidelines, of course, that can be read HERE. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Take care

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have you here! Get ready for some fun on iOS 7 and that 5c! It's going to be a learning experience for us all! iOS 7 is so much more advanced than previous versions, so we will all learn the new tricks and shortcuts together.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Claude and Welcome to iMore and another part of Mobile nations. We are happy to have you with us and know you will love your 5C with the new OS 7 operating System. Yes you will get plenty of help here and anyone will be happy to help. I see you are already linked up in your Passport with other sites so that is a good thing. Stay in touch and once again Welcome.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Claude. We’re here to help so jump in and get started.

It’s also good to know if we ever throw an iMore Toga Party, you’re already set with your attire! :)

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Claude and Welcome to iMore :biggrin: happy to have you join our community !! Which colour did you pre-order ?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the community Claude and congrats on the new iPhone 5C purchase. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
It’s also good to know if we ever throw an iMore Toga Party, you’re already set with your attire! :)
LOL! I was looking in my Pictures folder for something to use as an avatar, and that photo jumped out at me, especially since I wrote in the 5C thread about guys and bright colors. Anyone recognize where it's from?
Hi Claude and Welcome to iMore :biggrin: happy to have you join our community !! Which colour did you pre-order ?
I got the baby blue.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
LOL! I was looking in my Pictures folder for something to use as an avatar, and that photo jumped out at me, especially since I wrote in the 5C thread about guys and bright colors. Anyone recognize where it's from? Star Trek TOS
I got the baby blue.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Claude,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
So happy to have you in the iOS family! This is the absolute best set for iPhone users. The members and staff are awesome. Enjoy your stay! :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR