I'm A New iPhone Owner

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've owned Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone devices in the past. But my first ever taste of "mobile computing" was when I bought my third generation iPod touch back in 2009. Since then, the iPhone has been the "gold standard" by which I measured all my mobile devices.

I finally came to the realization that if I've held the iPhone in such high regard all this time, I should probably just get one!

So tonight, I came home with a Verizon iPhone 5. I am extremely pleased with it already and am admiring the build quality, app selection, and tried and tested OS. I'm looking forward to OS 7, and I am committed to keeping this thing for the long-haul (2 years).

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congratulations on your new iPhone 5. It is a very strong device and I'm sure you'll love every minute of it the next two years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thank you for choosing to be a part of this community. We're glad to have you and hope you will become an active member. In the meantime, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Thanks again for joining and again, welcome to iMore?:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome glad to have you hope you enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for coming to the iMore forums as we appreciate you being here. Please feel free to browse around the different forums and if you need any help please ask us. Again thank you.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore NewFangled,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
What phone did you have last before you switched?

I wanted to give Windows Phone a try before committing to anything long-term. I was using a Nokia Lumia 521 for about 2 months as my daily driver. It was good, but not good enough to hook me.

I looked at the Lumia 925 and honestly, I wasn't impressed with the hardware quality.

Before trying Windows Phone I had a factory-unlocked Galaxy Nexus for a year. It was a very good phone in many ways, but I actually prefer Microsoft's cloud services (Outlook.com, SkyDrive, OneNote, calendar, etc.) over Google's, and I never purchased a single Android app, so I wasn't invested in their ecosystem.

I also found Android to be a bit too buggy for my liking. There were times when I'd hit the home button and saw no icons. I'd have to wait 15-30 seconds for the icons to reappear. I also didn't like having to constantly monitor battery life and disable features, kill processes, and close apps to prolong battery life.

I'm on day 2 with my I5 and I'm loving it. I think it will keep me happy for a good while.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've owned Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone devices in the past. But my first ever taste of "mobile computing" was when I bought my third generation iPod touch back in 2009. Since then, the iPhone has been the "gold standard" by which I measured all my mobile devices.

I finally came to the realization that if I've held the iPhone in such high regard all this time, I should probably just get one!

So tonight, I came home with a Verizon iPhone 5. I am extremely pleased with it already and am admiring the build quality, app selection, and tried and tested OS. I'm looking forward to OS 7, and I am committed to keeping this thing for the long-haul (2 years).

Welcome OP been here a couple of years and it's a great place to be. There are so many friendly people to answer your questions, help you out and just chat in general. There are great sections like the Wallpaper, Ringtones and photography just to name a few so check them out and hook up your iPhone 5. As a beta tester I think so many people are going to be in love with their iPhones all over again once iOS 7 drops. Though I do think it's good that you've tried all the platforms. There's so many great devices now I wish I could try all the platforms not that I would leave iOS but just to see what's new and how they work. I've tried Android way back I knew I would never use anything other than iOS I knew that a long time ago but it's always fun to see how the other platforms are progressing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR