Hello Friends

Scott Kenyon

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello there!
My name, clearly, is Scott. I'm a very avid Android User. I've been using smartphones for awhile now, since before the iPhone was a thing. Early Windows Phone was lacking, as was Palm's OS. I have a great respect for what Apple has done for our current space with the iPhone and it would be outright stupid for anyone not to acknowledge this. Any company at the forefront of a certain technology "sets the tone" for what is to follow, and this platform has done just that. With iPhone, Apple set the tone for Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone's app stores and ecology. I can't say at this point that they did a good job or bad job, but I can say that they did the job. Every new enterprise needs a starting point. Perhaps our discussions at tm13 will help to define this!
I'm not here to make waves or talk smack for those of you who may be thinking that's my intent. I'm not a bad guy (at least I don't think so!) and I don't want to grief you. I'm here to learn and grow as a mobile citizen. Though iOS may not be my platform of choice, this doesn't mean I don't want to know about it. I've found that the easy questions I can just answer myself. The hard questions I may need to ask a thing or two to get a solution. Just because I'm an Android User by choice doesn't mean I'm not open to your platform. iOS has a lot to bring to the table, and you as users have a lot to bring to the discussion. I may want to ask just you guys a question that the users of my platform cannot answer, and I don't want to be apart from you guys. We are all mobile users in the end, whether we are on Android, iOS, WP, Blackberry, or even WebOS! Mobile is our lives, and we deserve the answers to the questions we have. I look forward to having good discussions with everyone and even comparing platforms. Mine is NOT better than yours! It's just different with different values and goals.
Surely we'll have a lot of common ground as the goals of every mobile user are similar. We just want a phone in our pocket that can do all the things we need them to do! Looking up websites, checking our email and twitter, or even us Android guys with our fancy smancy Google Plus!
I look forward to a lot of good conversations with you folks! Hopefully I'm welcomed into the community and can learn a lot of things. If you're not learning you're retired, so I say! Any questions anyone here may have, I'd be willing to field. Just let me know!
Thanks for having me, and great conversations to follow!

Scott

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thank you for choosing to be a part of this community. Feel free to ask questions, offer assistance as well as share your thoughts and opinions so dive in to any thread that interests you. Also, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Again, welcome to iMore and enjoy yourself. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Scott hello and welcome to iMore. With your long introduction making it very plain where your preference lies I hope you also are going to be opened minded enough to go into the forums and ask questions to do like you said and learn about iOS because we do have much to bring to the table. With that we welcome you as I said and wish you luck with learning about our community and out platform. Best of luck to you.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Scott and Welcome to iMore. I admire your way of thinking. It's what we teach our children. Thank you for your interest in our platform and your honesty !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore...

Enjoy your stay, ask questions, participate in conversations, and use the search function if you are looking for something specific .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro