A little of myself: I am a biomedical engineering student who wants to learn how to develop apps and other programs, preferably apply them to diagnostic equipment and to run analyses on blood tests and other medical monitoring equipment.

Right now, I want to learn how to program messages to pop-up on the lockscreen like the imessages do, only make them more customizable, so that way I can modify them and even have them circulate, so I will be more productive. For example, if I want to have a quote or a task that needs to be done I want it to be displayed first or on the lockscreen before i do anything so that I am on top of things.

Anyone who can give me support or lead me in the right direction, believe me when I say I appreciate it!

Artem A.
    06-11-2013 01:04 PM
    First of all welcome here to imore and we are happy to have you. If you are a would be Developer and or wish to be I will have someone move this thread to the Development forum where you will get better exposure for what you are asking and good luck.
    06-11-2013 01:36 PM
    Hi Artem and welcome to iMore. You might get some help in the dev forum on how to use the Notification API - sounds like that's all you really need. What app have you written or are you writing where you need this?
    06-11-2013 02:10 PM
    Hi Artem and welcome to iMore. You might get some help in the dev forum on how to use the Notification API - sounds like that's all you really need. What app have you written or are you writing where you need this?
    I'm not really writing any apps yet, I just want to experiment and see how much modification I can do before I start building any apps.

There are already different medical equipment that that measure blood pressure, blood glucose, and i want to take it further and be able to run blood tests quickly and other analyses. I realize this would probably need some background and training in accessory development.

being able to use the notification API will give me an idea of how much I can do and also a taste of where I may start off in, really.

So where is this developer's forum?

Thank you so much for your responses, Alli and jaguar
    06-11-2013 03:03 PM
    Hi Artem and Welcome to the iMore Community ! You might want to check out this forum > http://forums.imore.com/development-design/ Good Luck to you !
    06-11-2013 09:24 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    06-12-2013 04:18 PM
    Welcome to iMore and we hope you become an active member within the community. At your convenience, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Take care and enjoy your time here at iMore.
    06-12-2013 05:33 PM
    Welcome to iMore!
    06-15-2013 07:18 PM
    Welcome Artem!!

Glad to have ya here
    06-18-2013 08:14 AM