Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default Hello iMore, former webOS enthusiast here.

Hi iMore!

I joined webOSNation (formerly PreCentral) back in 2009 after I bought my first real smartphone, the Palm Pre. That community helped me make the most of my devices. I developed an app in their homebrew community that eventually made it to the webOS App store and did very well.

That time has come and gone. Soon I will be getting an iPhone, so I started lurking the iMore forums. I wasn't too surprised to see that the quality of members on this site is phenomenal. I just wanted to say hi and hope to soon be sharing my insight with this community.

Global Posts
    12,110 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Hello iMore, former webOS enthusiast here.

Welcome... If you haven't already - check out the blog side of iMore for all kinds of tips, tricks, and how-tos on everything "I" and more... hence the name... and if you have questions you can't find answers for there... ask away here - you'll get an answer, or help in finding an answer... Enjoy your stay.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Jaguarr40 likes this.

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to iMore...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I am right there with you buddy. Loved the PalmPre, hated the lack of apps and support from HP. I spouted much hate for the iPhone and Apple, until I actually got one. This site made the transition super easy and there are a lot of folks that remind me of the community at WebosNation (Precentral). The Pre (later my FrankenPre2S(sprint)) was my first smartphone too. I loved the ability to change almost any aspect of the phone. Thought I would hate the locked garden of IOS, but with a single JB, I am in mobile phone heaven, for now. Welcome buddy, hope you get to the point where you forgot where you put your pre and touchpad like I have, LOL1
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Welcome to our community. You'll definitely like it here, and I think you'll be very happy once you get your iPhone.

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Awesome!!!

Glad to have ya here
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,299 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1.2

Welcome to the iMore family. Whatever iPhone you end up with hit that forum for some good tips and advice. Enjoy yourself and have fun.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mrjspeed View Post
    Hi iMore!

I joined webOSNation (formerly PreCentral) back in 2009 after I bought my first real smartphone, the Palm Pre. That community helped me make the most of my devices. I developed an app in their homebrew community that eventually made it to the webOS App store and did very well.
    Welcome to iMore. You will indeed be able to find help here at iMore.
    I always thought the Pre was a neat looking device. (Of course I was using a BB Curve at the time so everything looked neat to me.) A friend of mine had one and complained that it was underpowered but it still looked very cool with the sliding keyboard... Anyway, welcome to iMore.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Welcome to iMore. :-)

Global Posts
    6,652 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Same here welcome I just got here too. HP burned us but I'm still holding hope that Homebrew will keep the lights on and LG gives us some love in some way
    iMore Intermediate

Welcome from another avid x-webos user. If I was a fanboy of any specific bran/company/OS, it would be webos. I was always trying to promote it, and hold out for it getting awesome but I was done in 2011 when my upgrade came. Since then I tried both windows phone and android and ended up here. With ios 7 on the way, I feel like we will be getting the closest thing to webos on a modern smartphone. My one big gripe though with all modern phones is the lack of gestures! To this day nobody has matched webos in the awesome gestures and ease of use. Webos made one handed use so easy with simple back gesture, swiping through apps gestures, and swiping up for the multitasking. The only phone I ever kept for a solid two years was the palm pre. I have an iPhone 5 right now, but I also have an upgrade available so I might get a 5s... And gasp, keep it the full contract time! I didn't think I would like ios as much as I have, but I love the quality of apps, and the reliability! I think ios 7 is only the beginning of a new ios so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Also this community is awesome! I find it very similar to the old precentral! People are helpful, friendly and conduct respectful, intelligent conversations. Welcome and look forward to having you aboard!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

Hi mrjspeed. Welcome to the Community.

Global Posts
    16,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your stay.

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

Welcome to iMore mrjspeed!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,352 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to the iMore Community mrjspeed

Welcome to Imore
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

OP welcome there's nothing I can say that already hasn't been said by the people above me. There are great people here who try to help one another out and just have fun. So take a look around, the off topic area is where you can get to know other members on topics besides our love of iOS. I'm a tech lover so I was really intrigued when the Pre was available. I played with it a couple of times and find that it was a lot easier to get the hang of just playing with it for a few minutes than some of the smartphones I've picked up these days. The keys were a little too small for me though because by then I had become a pro at typing on glass. If you haven't gotten an iPhone yet and you're planning on paying full price whether subsidized or unlocked I would suggest waiting for the 5s since it will cost the same price and you will get better hardware. Anyway I look forward to seeing your comment around the forums.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !