Hello iMore, former webOS enthusiast here.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore!

I joined webOSNation (formerly PreCentral) back in 2009 after I bought my first real smartphone, the Palm Pre. That community helped me make the most of my devices. I developed an app in their homebrew community that eventually made it to the webOS App store and did very well.

That time has come and gone. Soon I will be getting an iPhone, so I started lurking the iMore forums. I wasn't too surprised to see that the quality of members on this site is phenomenal. I just wanted to say hi and hope to soon be sharing my insight with this community.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Welcome... If you haven't already - check out the blog side of iMore for all kinds of tips, tricks, and how-tos on everything "I" and more... hence the name... and if you have questions you can't find answers for there... ask away here - you'll get an answer, or help in finding an answer... Enjoy your stay.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am right there with you buddy. Loved the PalmPre, hated the lack of apps and support from HP. I spouted much hate for the iPhone and Apple, until I actually got one. This site made the transition super easy and there are a lot of folks that remind me of the community at WebosNation (Precentral). The Pre (later my FrankenPre2S(sprint)) was my first smartphone too. I loved the ability to change almost any aspect of the phone. Thought I would hate the locked garden of IOS, but with a single JB, I am in mobile phone heaven, for now. Welcome buddy, hope you get to the point where you forgot where you put your pre and touchpad like I have, LOL1

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to our community. You'll definitely like it here, and I think you'll be very happy once you get your iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore family. Whatever iPhone you end up with hit that forum for some good tips and advice. Enjoy yourself and have fun.;)

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore!

I joined webOSNation (formerly PreCentral) back in 2009 after I bought my first real smartphone, the Palm Pre. That community helped me make the most of my devices. I developed an app in their homebrew community that eventually made it to the webOS App store and did very well.

Welcome to iMore. You will indeed be able to find help here at iMore.
I always thought the Pre was a neat looking device. (Of course I was using a BB Curve at the time so everything looked neat to me.) A friend of mine had one and complained that it was underpowered but it still looked very cool with the sliding keyboard... Anyway, welcome to iMore.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here welcome I just got here too. HP burned us but I'm still holding hope that Homebrew will keep the lights on and LG gives us some love in some way

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome from another avid x-webos user. If I was a fanboy of any specific bran/company/OS, it would be webos. I was always trying to promote it, and hold out for it getting awesome but I was done in 2011 when my upgrade came. Since then I tried both windows phone and android and ended up here. With ios 7 on the way, I feel like we will be getting the closest thing to webos on a modern smartphone. My one big gripe though with all modern phones is the lack of gestures! To this day nobody has matched webos in the awesome gestures and ease of use. Webos made one handed use so easy with simple back gesture, swiping through apps gestures, and swiping up for the multitasking. The only phone I ever kept for a solid two years was the palm pre. I have an iPhone 5 right now, but I also have an upgrade available so I might get a 5s... And gasp, keep it the full contract time! I didn't think I would like ios as much as I have, but I love the quality of apps, and the reliability! I think ios 7 is only the beginning of a new ios so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Also this community is awesome! I find it very similar to the old precentral! People are helpful, friendly and conduct respectful, intelligent conversations. Welcome and look forward to having you aboard!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP welcome there's nothing I can say that already hasn't been said by the people above me. There are great people here who try to help one another out and just have fun. So take a look around, the off topic area is where you can get to know other members on topics besides our love of iOS. I'm a tech lover so I was really intrigued when the Pre was available. I played with it a couple of times and find that it was a lot easier to get the hang of just playing with it for a few minutes than some of the smartphones I've picked up these days. The keys were a little too small for me though because by then I had become a pro at typing on glass. If you haven't gotten an iPhone yet and you're planning on paying full price whether subsidized or unlocked I would suggest waiting for the 5s since it will cost the same price and you will get better hardware. Anyway I look forward to seeing your comment around the forums. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro