Late Introduction

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm Jade.

I've been a member of iMore for quite a while now but don't think I ever did an introduction. I live in Australia and am a singer/ songwriter, apple junkie and writer.

I play in a band called Dreadcircus http//:www.jadestarr.com.au and am transgender.

My first Apple device was an iPhone 3G and currently own an iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad mini, Apple TV and a MacBook Pro. Funny how you start with one and before long they have taken over your life lol.

I love to tweak my devices so I'm 100% Team Jailbreak. I'm also currently recording my new CD entirely on iOS devices which has been very challenging. You can hear a demo here http://m.soundcloud.com/ridiculocity/dreadcircus-smashing-your-face

I have been a journalist since 2007 for LGBT site Samesame and am currently looking to write about my beloved iOS devices.

I live being a part of iMore community. I came across the podcasts and instantly loved Rene, Georgia and Seth's unique coverage of Apple stuff. The iMore chat room on the podcast is so much fun and recently I've been posting here much more.

Feel free to send a shout for any help via message.

Jade :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jade. An official welcome for your official introduction. Thank you for all your help in the forums - and personally!

BTW, I love your forum name. It's a word we use a lot!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Alli. I really love the site and the subject matter so it's a pleasure to interact with such a helpful community.

RidiculocitY was the name if my Indi record label I used to run. My fave word lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Jade, I owe you an apology. After re-reading my post above, I realized that it appeared a little harsh and that was not my intent. With that, I'm sorry. .... ;)....Anyway, take care and enjoy the rest of your day...:D

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well apology accepted :) I read the rules after your post and understand where you were coming from. It's always hard to convey emotion across a keyboard so I kept my response to a simple LOL ;)

I guess I was only trying to show how amazing these devices are by posting a link to my new CD being recorded on one. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be sitting in my home studio recording an entire cd on a flat piece of glass whilst thousands of $$ of equipments sits collecting dust. Gotta love tech!!

:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Ridiculocity congrats as I just read that you WON the Anostyle iPad mini contest and going for red. Cool beans and happy you won...;)