First Apple product arriving tomorrow

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from 3 Androids and 2 WPs and I do have to say I still miss just being able to glance at my calendar and see what meetings I have for the day.

My iPhone 5 is three weeks hold and I am slowly getting used to it.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In about two weeks, you will forget customizing and widgets, and be glad you have a solid working OS

I was one of those people who flashed every custom ROM under the sun and loved it. I was always looking for ways to improve my device and its layout and I was never satisfied. When I purchased my 4S, it was exactly what I needed. I am content with it. It's not jailbroken and will never be jailbroken as long as I own it. I enjoyed my Android devices and don't regret buying them, but the iPhone is where it's at for me.

Last edited:

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ditto about the custom ROMs. I was a "crack flasher". I enjoyed it, but I also NEED something stable and reliable.

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you interested in jailbreaking? The os & ui is good but I'm a constant tinkerer.

Also, I don't know if you have a case for the phone, but I recommend getting one if you're worried about wear & tear from usage or accidents.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm extremely careful and delicate with my electronics. When I was working in a warehouse I had a case and screen protector, but now that I have a desk job, I stay naked, and wouldn't have it any other way.

As for jail breaking, ill read into it, but I doubt I'll do it, I'm tired of tinkering to be 100% honest.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Hope we can be as helpful here as you've been over at Android Central. Should I ever make the switch to Android you're exactly the kind of guy I want around answering questions.

Ah I was wondering if my past would follow me ;) I'm not saying I'd never go back to android, it's quite fun and flexible, but I think this will be my home for a while.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
a7yneny6.jpg

Well I'm happy.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I feel as if I'm going to break it. I'm jaded and worrisome. Use to buttons breaking over time and becoming less responsive. My old HTC was the worst. And my previous Razr Maxx was showing signs of wear after less than a year.

But, the build quality feels solid.

I haven't had much time to see the battery life, I know it will be a major change coming from the Razr Maxx, but I've already got a desktop dock on the way.

The App Store is something that will take some getting use to as well.

I do miss the widgets on android, and the seamlessly infinite customization you could do with it... But I need something that simply works when I need it to, and I think this will.

I, like everyone else who answered you will sum up my thoughts quick and simple which is unlike me...LOL ;) If you are indeed looking for an OS that simply works, Then YES you will be here for a long time to come and be glad you did. You will soon leave Android behind and it is refreshing to have someone join us who is not afraid to speak his mind and tell how he feels. Lastly don't jailbreak and leave it as is and you will soon love it. looks like you are off to good battery life to start. best of luck to you here!! :D

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/28/a7yneny6.jpg

Well I'm happy.

I want to add one last thing that tells me alot about your honesty in what you have stated so far in this post you started... From what I see you have gotten so far out of battery life at 22% and what looks like the predicted usage if you go to -0- % and shut off, You will be doing fine so TY for posting the screenshot for us. ;)

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to say thank you guys for not bashing Android, welcoming me with kind words, and offering your support. This will not be easy for me. But with the help I've gotten so far, I think I'm off to a good start. And no, I will not be jail breaking... This device ;)

I do miss the folks I will be leaving me behind, great people who I can see I made and impact on :'(

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=256335

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to say thank you guys for not bashing Android, welcoming me with kind words, and offering your support. This will not be easy for me. But with the help I've gotten so far, I think I'm off to a good start. And no, I will not be jail breaking... This device ;)

I do miss the folks I will be leaving me behind, great people who I can see I made and impact on :'(

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=256335

You wont be missing them much more once you get to know our crowd of misfits...LOL ;) but in all seriousness I think it admirable the approach you have taken to our group here and wish you nothing but the best and as always we are here to help each other.

If you learn anything please feel free to share with us. Nobody hear knows everything...... except one person..... PINK!!!! :p but she is still my friend even though she hates me.:p

Last edited:

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys take good care of braden, he's a gem!

I wanted to like the ip5 but my eyes couldn't handle the screen size, but with braden evangelizing over here now, who knows . . . ;)

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
will be scouring the forums tonight and tomorrow morning, absorbing as much as i can. Longtime Android user, dappled in WebOS, even tried a hand at Windows phones. first time for everything, be gentle.

What up bro u can't escape ya boy even in iland haha. Lot less droid hating here than some months ago.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I came from 3 Androids and 2 WPs and I do have to say I still miss just being able to glance at my calendar and see what meetings I have for the day.

My iPhone 5 is three weeks hold and I am slowly getting used to it.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
You can still just scroll down the notification bar and shows all your calendar appointments for that day. Messages also.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was one of those people who flashed every custom ROM under the sun and loved it. I was always looking for ways to improve my device and its layout and I was never satisfied. When I purchased my 4S, it was exactly what I needed. I am content with it. It's not jailbroken and will never be jailbroken as long as I own it. I enjoyed my Android devices and don't regret buying them, but the iPhone is where it's at for me.

Wow thought for sure you would try out bb10?? lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods