First Apple product arriving tomorrow

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
will be scouring the forums tonight and tomorrow morning, absorbing as much as i can. Longtime Android user, dappled in WebOS, even tried a hand at Windows phones. first time for everything, be gentle.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your first Apple device. :) They're powerful, well-made and easy to use, however, if you need any assistance with anything, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your new product and have a great day...:)

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
it depends. were you gentle with us when you were using android?? ������

honestly, i was easier than some folks have been. i try not to trash talk things i know nothing about, and the only thing i know about Apple is how to spell it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ditto to the comments JustMe'D said in his post. Did you mention what the first Apple device is you are getting? An iPhone 4S or 5 or iPad?? Whatever the device we will be happy to help. Don't listen to Guacho, He is hard on everyone... Just kidding my friend...;)

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i ordered a black iPhone5. will arrive before lunch tomorrow. ill give it 2 weeks to see how i like it. ive been with Android for about 5 years, give or take, and i wouldnt say im bored with it, just a little fed up with.... well, everything. im not going to go on a rant, ive been helping people in the Razr Maxx scene for a while and ore that i was helping people in WebOS. i just think it is time for a change.

Last edited:

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You will enjoy it, as they say you just start with an iPhone. Macs and iPads usually follow after that along with Apple TV, etc. welcome to the family!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I went backwards, started with a MBA only for video processing. Soon after I got an ipad2, then a MBP all the while having and Android and WP.

I just got my iPhone 5 3 weeks back and really liking it so far.

To the OP, enjoy and have fun.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I think they "breed" when you're not looking. ��
Tell me about it...reminds me of the movie Gremlins.

I started with an iPod shuffle and a couple of nanos, which led to a 1st and then 4th gen iPod touch. Now I have an iPod touch 5, iPad 3, and an Apple TV kicking around the house.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hope you enjoy it! Give it a whirl before you decide if you like it or now. Id like to know what you'll think about the iphone keyboard vs android keyboards. Just curious!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i ordered a black iPhone5. will arrive before lunch tomorrow. ill give it 2 weeks to see how i like it. ive been with Android for about 5 years, give or take, and i wouldnt say im bored with it, just a little fed up with.... well, everything. im not going to go on a rant, ive been helping people in the Razr Maxx scene for a while and ore that i was helping people in WebOS. i just think it is time for a change.

Did you get your new iPhone 5 yet? if so first impressions and although you seemed well versed in other phone, iPhone does have a bit of a different OS to it but easy learning curve. If you need anything please ask us for help and we will make the ownership of your new iPhone as pleasurable as possible.

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
First impressions, build quality is superb. Keyboard is better at figuring out what my clumsy fingers intended to press. Liking the weight, but wishing it was slightly thicker, not a major complaint. Operating system feels very fluid.

Only had it in my hand since I got off work, I will update after more time using her.

Sent from the Forbidden Fruit

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First impressions, build quality is superb. Keyboard is better at figuring out what my clumsy fingers intended to press. Liking the weight, but wishing it was slightly thicker, not a major complaint. Operating system feels very fluid.

Only had it in my hand since I got off work, I will update after more time using her.

Thank you for the feedback as I always like to hear how new people to the site and also to Apple products like them. Once again if we can be of any help to you please let us know. Have a great day.;)

bradenfontaine

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel as if I'm going to break it. I'm jaded and worrisome. Use to buttons breaking over time and becoming less responsive. My old HTC was the worst. And my previous Razr Maxx was showing signs of wear after less than a year.

But, the build quality feels solid.

I haven't had much time to see the battery life, I know it will be a major change coming from the Razr Maxx, but I've already got a desktop dock on the way.

The App Store is something that will take some getting use to as well.

I do miss the widgets on android, and the seamlessly infinite customization you could do with it... But I need something that simply works when I need it to, and I think this will.