Android User In A New World

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello iPhone users. I am a new owner of an iPhone 4S. After years of apple hate I've decided I will finally give this a shot. As an experienced smartphone user I merely want to say hello and introduce myself into you guys world as I make the jump into the apple ecosystem. I am excited to be a part of a true ecosystem and anxiously await the new iPhone as I am not fond of the i5. So again just wanted to say hello!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. I think you will find quite a few here that have come from android or maybe still use both. I have had quite a few android phones but keep coming back to iOS. A lot of it is the ecosystem but its also just the quality of both the hardware and the apps. If you have any questions most everyone here is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbsadaj

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome spacehippie. I'm also a recent convert after not wanting the apple kool-aid, I wish I would have tried it sooner.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I left mainly because I love apple build quality compared to my s3 and razr. Also with so many android phones I feel like there is never enough time spent on one phone. Apple does a great job maintaining their devices. Updates come ASAP meanwhile my Verizon s3 took months for a minor jelly beam update. Everyone seems to love iPhones and I felt I had to give it a shot. I always loved the look and feel of the 4s and after I was offered a new white 32gb 4s, cases and $200 in exchange for a droid razr max hd I couldn't resist lol. So far I'm quite happy. I'll be getting a MacBook Air soon and be completely in the apple system.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I left mainly because I love apple build quality compared to my s3 and razr. Also with so many android phones I feel like there is never enough time spent on one phone. Apple does a great job maintaining their devices. Updates come ASAP meanwhile my Verizon s3 took months for a minor jelly beam update. Everyone seems to love iPhones and I felt I had to give it a shot. I always loved the look and feel of the 4s and after I was offered a new white 32gb 4s, cases and $200 in exchange for a droid razr max hd I couldn't resist lol. So far I'm quite happy. I'll be getting a MacBook Air soon and be completely in the apple system.

Now that's an offer you can't refuse. Again, welcome man

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. We android users would call you sheep. I'm finding this crowd pretty polite. A lot more polite than the dev/Rom crowd I used to deal with lol

Sent from the iPhone I never thought I'd own

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You've made the right choice. That is why iPhones are dominant. You have Motorola, pantech, lg, Samsung, Sony, all these companies that try to make a solid android OS phone but fail. Apple makes solid products because that is the one device they work hard to perfect.

And welcome. You are no longer an "android user". ;)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I too used to hate the iPhone (though I had an iPod Touch at the time) because it lacked simple things like MMS and copy paste. Eventually I switched over and couldn't be happier. I hope you also love it as much as we do.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey man!

Welcome to iMore forums. Be sure first check the following links.

http://forums.imore.com/faq.php?faq=...faq_imorerules

http://forums.imore.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq

We do have a technical/Support side on the forums, but we also have a Off Topic Lounge area where you can discuss non Apple ideas, etc.

Please make you self at home and never hesitate to ask a question as our community is TOP notch, and will get you a answer right away.

In addition you will notice the search bar at the top of the page, this may help you find some additional help you maybe looking for.

http://forums.imore.com/search.php

Again welcome and glad to have you here!!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello iPhone users. I am a new owner of an iPhone 4S. After years of apple hate I've decided I will finally give this a shot. As an experienced smartphone user I merely want to say hello and introduce myself into you guys world as I make the jump into the apple ecosystem. I am excited to be a part of a true ecosystem and anxiously await the new iPhone as I am not fond of the i5. So again just wanted to say hello!

Without a doubt welcome to the world of IOS and iPhone. We are happy to have you as part of our family here.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey man welcome aboard!!

Was in the same boat as you big Android lover and huge "iSheep" hater haha although I started out with the OG iPhone.

Speaking of which I just watched the entire keynote by Steve Jobs first showcasing the iPhone OMG mind blown and it's six years later. After watching that it made all nostalgic about owning my first iPhone and I don't know why I ever left after the 3G came out. I had my 2 year stint with Android and I'm back will never be leaving again!

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the show. I too came from Android back in May, and I have found this community to be invaluable. I just got tired of chasing specs, chasing updates, chasing all of that. I can honestly say, the iPhone is the best phone I have ever had.