Intro: Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

Derek Kessler here.

A little bit about myself, in case you don’t know who I am: I have two jobs. My “day job,” if you can call it that, is as a Sergeant in the Ohio Army National Guard. Within the Guard I actually have two jobs: there’s the standard ‘one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer’ that I do as a clarinetist in the 122nd Army Band, where I make music, graphics, announcements, and computers not suck quite as much. During the rest of the month I’m a member of the state Military Funeral Honors team, which has me out nearly every day performing final military honors (flag folding, sounding taps, rifle salutes, the whole shebang) for veterans that have served our country with honor and distinction.

My other job is as the Editor-in-Chief of webOS Nation, the webOS-leaning sister site of iMore. I'm also a semi-regular contributor of the irregular sort here on iMore. Doing this mobile tech blogging actually takes most of my time, and I’m okay with that.

I’ve been a native Ohioan my entire life, currently residing in Cincinnati where I’m renovating a house designed by an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright (Wright-style, but without the multi-million-dollar premium). I should mention at this point that I likely qualify as an architecture buff. I studied architecture at the University of Cincinnati and The Ohio State University, but in the end it turns out I’m just not that good at being a student. I’m more of a doer, which finds me here instead.

I’m also a rambler. So let’s wrap this up, shall we? I am on the Twitter (@dkdsgn) and App.net (@kessler) if you’re into such things.

See you around.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner