Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Allyson Kazmucha
  • 1 Post By Jaguarr40
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Cool Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Hi there iMore nation! Ally here!

    For those of you that don't already know me or haven't seen me lurking around the jailbreak and mod forums, here's a little about me.

    I'm the resident DIY, jailbreak, and how-to Editor for iMore.com. While I spend a majority of my time on iMore writing content for the main site, I do tend to lurk in the forums here and there to help where I can, creep who will let me, and of course, to troll Rene every chance I get. :P

    I started my tech fascination many years ago by modding my old Motorola v60 and v710 (anyone remember those?) - I used to lurk around Crackberry, Howard Forums, and any other forums where I could find like-minded gadget enthusiasts. About 3 or 4 years ago I stumbled upon iMore (then it was either The iPhone Blog or Phone Different, it's been a while!). I saw another Crackberry forum member post about it so I ended up registering. And soon after, I got an e-mail from Rene asking if I'd offer up my ninja jailbreak skills to iMore. And here I am today still loving every minute of being a part of the iMore team.

    If you ever have questions about repairs, advanced features of iOS, or how to set up a specific feature, I'm probably your go to person. Outside of iMore, I own a Pod Drop location in which we repair iPhones, iPads, and iPods all day long. Basically, when I'm not fixing them, I'm writing about them. I'm also co-owner of AnoStyle™ which specializes in coloring and customizing your iDevices (anostyle.com).

    Outside of being a gadget nerd, I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan, and as expected, Rene makes sure to tease me for it on an almost daily basis. I live about an hour outside of downtown Chicago right on Lake Michigan. I've grown up living on the beach and can't imagine ever living away from a body of water. I've got 2 dogs - Dexter (golden retriever) and Kaya (Shiba Inu). We've also got a resident guard cat, Shelley, that lurks around corners waiting for her opportunity to steal your soul.

    I stay pretty busy between owning 2 companies and iMore but always try and make time for our readers and try and answer questions and e-mails as quick as possible. If you've ever got a question for me, the quickest way to get a response is by emailing me at ally@imore.com

    Hope you like the new forums and the benefits they offer as our team has worked super hard on them. See you around!

    Ally
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  2. #2  
    Rene Ritchie's Avatar
    iMore Actual

    Posts
    1,811 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default Re: Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    I don't tease you because you're a Harry Potter fan!
  3. #3  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,000 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,141 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Quote Originally Posted by Allyson Kazmucha View Post
    Hi there iMore nation! Ally here!

    For those of you that don't already know me or haven't seen me lurking around the jailbreak and mod forums, here's a little about me.

    I'm the resident DIY, jailbreak, and how-to Editor for iMore.com. While I spend a majority of my time on iMore writing content for the main site, I do tend to lurk in the forums here and there to help where I can, creep who will let me, and of course, to troll Rene every chance I get. :P

    I started my tech fascination many years ago by modding my old Motorola v60 and v710 (anyone remember those?) - I used to lurk around Crackberry, Howard Forums, and any other forums where I could find like-minded gadget enthusiasts. About 3 or 4 years ago I stumbled upon iMore (then it was either The iPhone Blog or Phone Different, it's been a while!). I saw another Crackberry forum member post about it so I ended up registering. And soon after, I got an e-mail from Rene asking if I'd offer up my ninja jailbreak skills to iMore. And here I am today still loving every minute of being a part of the iMore team.

    If you ever have questions about repairs, advanced features of iOS, or how to set up a specific feature, I'm probably your go to person. Outside of iMore, I own a Pod Drop location in which we repair iPhones, iPads, and iPods all day long. Basically, when I'm not fixing them, I'm writing about them. I'm also co-owner of AnoStyle™ which specializes in coloring and customizing your iDevices (anostyle.com).

    Outside of being a gadget nerd, I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan, and as expected, Rene makes sure to tease me for it on an almost daily basis. I live about an hour outside of downtown Chicago right on Lake Michigan. I've grown up living on the beach and can't imagine ever living away from a body of water. I've got 2 dogs - Dexter (golden retriever) and Kaya (Shiba Inu). We've also got a resident guard cat, Shelley, that lurks around corners waiting for her opportunity to steal your soul.

    I stay pretty busy between owning 2 companies and iMore but always try and make time for our readers and try and answer questions and e-mails as quick as possible. If you've ever got a question for me, the quickest way to get a response is by emailing me at ally@imore.com

    Hope you like the new forums and the benefits they offer as our team has worked super hard on them. See you around!

    Ally
    Your advice columns have been invaluble on apps and DIY, Thank you Ally
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    robertk328 likes this.
  4. #4  
    pr1nce's Avatar


    Posts
    11,965 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,583 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.1

    Default Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Long time BlackBerry/Crackberry person here. I've had my iPhone 4S for a few weeks, I've enjoyed reading your columns. Keep up the good work.
  5. #5  
    John Yester's Avatar

    Posts
    4,200 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,719 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

    Default Re: Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Hello Ally,

    Love your articles!!! Your the best


    Merry Christmas!!!
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com


  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Default Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Long time BlackBerry/Crackberry person here. I've had my iPhone 4S for a few weeks, I've enjoyed reading your columns. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks! Glad you find them useful!
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

    Editor, iMore.com
    ally@imore.com
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Allyson Kazmucha's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 beta

    Default Intro: Ally Kazmucha

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Hello Ally,

    Love your articles!!! Your the best


    Merry Christmas!!!
    Thank you! A little late but merry belated Christmas
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

    Editor, iMore.com
    ally@imore.com

Similar Threads

  1. Intro to Objective-C for the iPhone - Atlanta
    By dhorn in forum Developer's Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
  2. Newbie intro & "Big2 Poker" app discussion
    By ihuangeri in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
  3. iPhone into vs. treo intro
    By ktm97 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 12:14 PM
  4. Intro to the iPHONE
    By vw2002 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions