Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts

Default Intro: Chris Vitek

Hello everyone. I thought I would post my introduction here as well. First, let me start by apologizing in advance, I am typing this on my iPhone as my wife and I are driving to San Antonio.

My name is Chris Vitek, and I am an iPhone forum moderator/forum app reviewer. My history on these and related forums started way back with VisorCentral, and from there I moved to a Treo, and eventually to the iPhone 3G. I am now sporting an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 (the "New iPad") as my primary devices.

As a forum app reviewer, I try to post various app reviews on the forums so people can possibly find apps that they may enjoy I also encourage others to post their own reviews as well. I started as an app reviewer in 2008, and have reviewed many many apps.

Sometimes the reviews slow down a little bit as my "real job" gets in the way. My real job is a university professor of biology at the University of Texas - Pan American. My specialties for research and teaching are in the fields of ecology and medical entomology. I have been working at the University for 5 years and am going up for tenure next year.

I have a beautiful wife at home (with an iPhone 5) and a 9 year old daughter who wants one (but just has to be content with an iPod touch and the family iPad). I live in deep South Texas , literally about 20 minutes from the Mexico border. It's a great place for authentic Mexican food, so it's a good thing I like tacos.

I am happy to take review requests, but right now my backlog is pretty high, so I can't guarantee that I will review a requested app. I am a true "nerd" at heart, and enjoy computers, science fiction, the Walking Dead, cigars, Magic the Gathering, comic books, and many other need hobbies and recreations.

Chris
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts

Default Re: Intro: Chris Vitek

You're a superhero (or super-villain), like Spider-Man, right?

I love you Chris, but every year I hope for late spring freeze to kill all the skeetors in my area

(I'm horribly allergic)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts

Well, drskeeto is my twitter name, and my website is drmosquito.com.

I understand - I am one of the few that is happy to see those flying little buggers...
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts

Oh yeah, MAJOR baseball fan.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: Intro: Chris Vitek

Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    Well, drskeeto is my twitter name, and my website is drmosquito.com.

I understand - I am one of the few that is happy to see those flying little buggers...
    Just followed you on Twittewr if you can do the same I would appreciate it ...TY. @JanMorrisFLA
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Nothing like Christmas on the Riverwalk. So beautiful. Guess I can count on you being at the Rangers vs. Padres game next year in the Dome. Have a wonderful Xmas!