Iterate 48 Podcast episode not playing on Android at all

anon(1019781)

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello, figured this would be the best place to post this. I'm a former iOS user and am now on a Nexus device and I wanted to hear Rene talk about iOS7 on this episode of the Iterate podcast.

Iterate 48: iOS 7 design special (Part 1) | iMore.com

However, it won't play on any app on my phone at all. In fact, every app I try to play the file on makes the app hang, then crash. This is the case on Pocket Casts and any audio player on Android. Galaxy Nexus owner here. Figured Rene can check it out since he has a Nexus 4.

Anyway, the episode works fine if I re-encode it on my PC and FTP it to my Nexus but there's something odd about the way that this mp3 file is encoded that makes Android take a nosedive. Seems to be encoded with iTunes 11.0.3, could be the older 2.2 id3 tags? Who knows. Low priority since you guys do this for iOS user but worth investigating for Android outsiders that get curious.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, hopefully Rene will see your post and answer your question, or one of the members who have experienced this and have a solution will see your post and provide a resolution for you. In the meantime, be patient and enjoy the rest of your day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2