anyone following the Zimmerman circus?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I vote we let the court system work it out. One way or another it will get resolved and justice as it is, will be served. We will never know the truth but that is our system... I just hope no innocent people get hurt after the outcome whatever it is.

True, that is for the best.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with your last sentence. It shouldn't matter what a person is wearing. That is akin to saying if a young woman is not looking for someone to assault her she shouldn't wear revealing clothing. I think that is completely unreasonable. As I'm not familiar with the stand your ground laws, I may be missing something but if you follow someone and it escalates into an altercation that should not give you the right to do whatever you please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have the stand your ground laws in our state and I have looked over them carefully to know my rights. Basically, if you are ever in a situation where you feel in "imminent danger" you can use any means necessary to defend yourself. It doesn't matter whether you said something to make someone mad or what. As long as you don't go out and throw the first punch or make the first shove, you can respond with force.

There are lots of intricacies to these laws; however, the message is clear and the implementation is pretty standard across all states that have them. You can use any force you are legally allowed to obtain. If you can carry a firearm, you can use if you you are threatened. If you carry a knife, you may use it when threatened.

In this case, GZimm felt threatened and he acted accordingly. We will see what happens in court.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm late to the punch here but this is my stance...

Whether he killed that kid legitimately or maliciously, that is for the court to figure out now that it has been placed in their hands, and as a tax paying citizen who enforces law, if it were me, i would want the justice system to properly handle this situation.

Damn the disgusting, and nightmarish media (as usual) for turning this situation into a racial fiasco...and that is EXACTLY what happened. It's the mob mentality...and the media is the one that sparked the fire, kept pouring gas on the fire, and when the fire fizzled, reignited it. Over and over and over again.

It's a nasty practice, but it also shows the gross generalized racism that exists on all sides of the fence in our country now, which is unfortunate, because this proves to be a detriment to getting proper treatment after being convicted of a crime...innocent or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm late to the punch here but this is my stance...

Whether he killed that kid legitimately or maliciously, that is for the court to figure out now that it has been placed in their hands, and as a tax paying citizen who enforces law, if it were me, i would want the justice system to properly handle this situation.

Damn the disgusting, and nightmarish media (as usual) for turning this situation into a racial fiasco...and that is EXACTLY what happened. It's the mob mentality...and the media is the one that sparked the fire, kept pouring gas on the fire, and when the fire fizzled, reignited it. Over and over and over again.

It's a nasty practice, but it also shows the gross generalized racism that exists on all sides of the fence in our country now, which is unfortunate, because this proves to be a detriment to getting proper treatment after being convicted of a crime...innocent or not.

Very well stated, my friend :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to put this out there too...at one point the NAACP was getting involved by putting money behind the prosecution of this man. I've felt this way for years, but rarely does it so blatantly show its ugly face like this...the NAACP is no different than the KKK in my eyes, because they not only fuel rebel rousing, but they also sway social groups by misdirection, looking beneficial to the black community in one light, but operating as a poison in the shadow.

I've received a lot of flack for this stance over the years...and even did a thesis paper at school reflecting my thoughts on this years ago (with some serious details to back up my claims). You want to see focused bigotry in our society that disguises itself as something pure? Look no further than the NAACP...at least the disgusting practices of the Ku Klux Klan are done wide out and in the open (again, i emphasize my distaste for them as well).

Reactions: kch50428

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to put this out there too...at one point the NAACP was getting involved by putting money behind the prosecution of this man. I've felt this way for years, but rarely does it so blatantly show its ugly face like this...the NAACP is no different than the KKK in my eyes, because they not only fuel rebel rousing, but they also sway social groups by misdirection, looking beneficial to the black community in one light, but operating as a poison in the shadow.

I've received a lot of flack for this stance over the years...and even did a thesis paper at school reflecting my thoughts on this years ago (with some serious details to back up my claims). You want to see focused bigotry in our society that disguises itself as something pure? Look no further than the NAACP...at least the disgusting practices of the Ku Klux Klan are done wide out and in the open (again, i emphasize my distaste for them as well).

This is America so feel free to express your opinion(s) because I will indeed express mine. Having said that, This modern incarnation of the NAACP is a disgrace. Instead of being the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, it has become the National Association for the Advancement of Corrupt Politics, in my personal opinion, and I don't like it one bit. Politicking against school vouchers, constantly demanding to be included while fighting to exclude others among other things sickens me to the core and is a slap in the face of Dr. King and others who TRULY had an AMERICAN dream. But hey, that's for another time and another platform (Twitter). Furthermore, not everyone shares my viewpoint on this, but hey, that's why we all have opinions. Take care and have a great evening.

Just Me, D
(iPad)

Last edited:
Reactions: kch50428

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2