iMore app feature requests

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iphone_5_release_date-620x411.jpg

So iMore has an official iPhone app!

We already told you we're hard at work on features for the next version of the iMore app, including a Retina-grade iPad interface, CoreData, caching, and Favorite support, SEARCH, navigation shortcut gestures, and more.

But we want to hear what YOU want. Have a feature request for the iMore app? Add it here. The more requests we get, the more feedback we get, the better we can make the app. (Homer Simpson's car not withstanding, of course!)

(Haven't downloaded the iMore app yet? [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imore/id511668903?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Go get it, then give us your requests[/URL]!)

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Over Characters using Twitter API

Is it possible to limit the character of an article I'm tweeting, so I don't have to edit? (Screenshot attached)

anon(1144891)

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 features that I think would be great additions.

1. A nighttime mode for easy reading. Something like Instapaper.

2. A search feature. If I ever want to know what the best app/case/accessory is for my phone, I have trusted the reviews of the writers at iMore. If I am out at a store and I want to find out what the best headphones for my phone are (looking forward to Georgia's review), it would be great to search through all of the app reviews. This feature can be done in the different areas of the app, or give you one search, then give you the options in one or more sections.

Keep up the great work. This is v1.0... The future updates will be killer!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S

jpoates

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Feature request

I downloaded the app and haven't used it a lot, but it disappointed me when
commuting to work and it told me I had to be on wi-fi to stream the podcast. I do this every week for the iPhone podcast thru iTunes. please fix this?

Overall, looks great though. Totally appreciate imore.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
First off I love the app and can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

My one constructive criticism is that it would be nice to have track/scrubbing controls when listening to a podcast. I was listening and had to pause it for a period of time thinking I could just come back to it later. Only to find that I had to restart from the beginning.

I did work around this via double tap and left swipe and bumping forward every 30 seconds. However, when you're about 25-30 mins into the podcast, 'twas a bit cumbersome.

Thanks guys and keep up all the hard work!!

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The app seems pretty good! Do you have any idea when the forums app could possibly come out of beta?

Sent from my White iPhone 4 16GB using Tapatalk

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1) Tap-and-Hold reveals the full name of a long title (just like in Music.app)

2) I mainly read iMore articles from Twitter links. Is it possible for those to open in the iMore app?

anon(4767420)

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I see the app hasn't been updated in a while (if ever), so my number one feature addition would be iPad support! The only [working] iDevice I have is a first-generation iPad, and we all know how much iPhone apps on iPad, well, suck! So, iPad support will be greatly welcomed!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2