04-04-2017 07:12 PM
67 123
tools
    Keep the suggestions coming! Thanks to everyone that has posted already.
    Just_Me_D, Matty and brixtonboy like this.
    01-03-2017 12:04 PM
    Hi,

Would be interesting to have members as guests on podcast, to get additional perspectives on topics.
    Just_Me_D and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    01-03-2017 07:53 PM
    When an article is reposted with either an update or refresh to it it would be nice if y'all could mark what has changed in the article.
    Some of those articles I will skip over just due to not wanting to reread if it's a long one to see if it has new content.

As a side note I would like to say the community on this site is great. A lot of times I learn a lot just from the comments.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    01-04-2017 12:41 PM
    When previously published articles are re-surfaced due to being relevant again, please make a good editorial read-through and update the article as needed.

Please allow me (in the US) to see the video version of the iMore Show. If there's already a way to do this then please tell me how.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    01-04-2017 12:51 PM
    Perhaps more content regarding jailbreak status, tweaks, tutorials, etc. For many of us, jailbreaking is still a big part of the iPhone experience and it would be great to get such information from a more trusted source.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    01-04-2017 01:17 PM
    I would like to see a performance comparison (not benchmarks) between the new iphone 8 vs the iphone 7 and 6S. Whenever a new iphone drops the previous generations become much more affordable. For iphone fans on a budget this comparison would be very useful. For example how much better does the iphone 7 perform daily tasks over a 6S? Streaming music, pictures etc. Oh and more Serenity articles are always welcome!
    01-04-2017 02:15 PM
    Bring back video podcasts
    johndill17 likes this.
    01-04-2017 06:38 PM
    What really makes my day is getting a video podcast of you guys. It's just ain't the same with the audio podcasts... Half of one's expression is in the body language, and you all have such beautiful smiles Please give us more of that, please, please
    Cheers gang!
    Johnny
    johndill17 likes this.
    01-04-2017 09:22 PM
    Less Rene Ritchie articles. I mean, if he's gonna keep writing extremely biased articles and be entirely condescending and dismissive to non apple products and people who see value in them....then I vote for less or no articles from him. When Apple does something idiotic like removing the headphone jack without giving us something better, we need to hear that. Constant excuses for the Macbook pro issues and not giving credit where credit is due to competitors (unless it's backhanded) is so tired.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    01-04-2017 11:02 PM
    Bring back the video podcasts. They are so much better than audio only. I'd like to see all your funny faces.
    01-05-2017 02:23 AM
    Love the site, but please, fewer exclamation points in headlines. Thank you.
    Shanicenicolle and DMP89145 like this.
    01-06-2017 02:26 PM
    A better app would be great. Used to love this app but it sucks lately. Sorry 😐
    01-06-2017 03:19 PM
    Joint reviews where all of the writers, add their 2 cents about the device.
    Less obtrusive ads, and a banner that doesn't bother me every time I use ad blocker.
    I don't like all these articles about Pokemon Go and Mario Run. 1-2 is fine, but what these guys are doing is overkill.
    Strange l am not seeing any Ads when l visit this forum or any of the others. The reason is that l have paid my money in. We can all do that, can't we?
    Subscribe, don't cost much.
    01-06-2017 04:17 PM
    Perhaps more content regarding jailbreak status, tweaks, tutorials, etc. For many of us, jailbreaking is still a big part of the iPhone experience and it would be great to get such information from a more trusted source.
    I believe that in tapatalk jail breaking has its own forum don't quote me on that however.
    01-06-2017 04:23 PM
    Less Rene Ritchie articles. I mean, if he's gonna keep writing extremely biased articles and be entirely condescending and dismissive to non apple products and people who see value in them....then I vote for less or no articles from him. When Apple does something idiotic like removing the headphone jack without giving us something better, we need to hear that. Constant excuses for the Macbook pro issues and not giving credit where credit is due to competitors (unless it's backhanded) is so tired.
    Can you explain why it was idiotic of Apple to remove to the headphone socket from their lastest models? And replace it with a second speaker thereby giving stereo sound.
    When we are not using headphones.
    We are after all supplied with a cable to use normal headphones if we so wish.
    01-06-2017 04:36 PM
    Strange l am not seeing any Ads when l visit this forum or any of the others. The reason is that l have paid my money in. We can all do that, can't we?
    Subscribe, don't cost much.
    The blog. That giant screen doesn't show on the forums.
    01-06-2017 04:48 PM
    Actually I like seeing an Apple fan write about Apple products on an Apple website. Seems appropriate.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    01-06-2017 10:12 PM
    Actually I like seeing an Apple fan write about Apple products on an Apple website. Seems appropriate.
    I don't think that user realizes Rene is kind of the boss. I remember when iMore used to be called TiPB, and while I don't always agree with Rene, his articles have always been well written and thought out even if with a pro-Apple spin.
    Annie_i6s and DMP89145 like this.
    01-06-2017 11:12 PM
    I don't think that user realizes Rene is kind of the boss. I remember when iMore used to be called TiPB, and while I don't always agree with Rene, his articles have always been well written and thought out even if with a pro-Apple spin.
    TiPB was before my time checking out iMore, I guess. Now I'm curious what it stands for. Yeah, I was thinking that iMore is not the best corner of the Internet to be spending time at if you don't like Rene's writing.

Edit: I checked out iMore's page on Wikipedia. The iPhone Blog. Rene took over as managing editor on August 25, 2008 it says. So yeah, he's kind of the boss.
    01-06-2017 11:19 PM
    TiPB was before my time checking out iMore, I guess. Now I'm curious what it stands for. Yeah, I was thinking that iMore is not the best corner of the Internet to be spending time at if you don't like Rene's writing.
    TiPB stood for TheiPhoneBlog.com. They only covered iPhone at the time. It was before the iPad, and I don't remember any Mac reporting back then. This was 2008 maybe. I think Dieter over at the Verge ran it before Rene took over.
    01-06-2017 11:26 PM
    Hi & Happy New Year!

I think I would like to see more of the tyro content.
    Let me elaborate.

Most of the times, most blogs or reviewers just assume that the reader already has been using an iPhone or a Mac for multiple years or at least owns one. But a lot of people shy away from using Macs or iPads for financial reasons or just out of a fear of the hype. Plus new babies born everyday and don't inherit the knowledge.

I don't have and have never used an iPhone but am considering buying one soon. I would like to see a comparison of the user interface, pros & cons etc. from a newbie's perspective.

A weekly or biweekly post covering a light history, general comparisons, even apps should be helpful.

Thanks.
    01-08-2017 04:02 AM
    Hello iMore and a I hope this New Year is going to be a good one. I would like to see more promotional giveaways, contests, and sweepstakes.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    01-09-2017 12:48 PM
    I respectfully beg to differ. I enjoy Rene Ritchie's articles and always learn from them.
    01-09-2017 01:49 PM
    I would love it if the forum app looked more like to does on the web. I do appreciate the web view option, but wish that it was that way all the time.
    01-09-2017 01:51 PM
    Last edited by TwitchyPuppy; 01-11-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
    01-11-2017 07:49 AM
67 123