CONTEST: Thanksgiving Day Activity challenge: 5k = $50 from iMore!?

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
activity-challenge-logo-01.jpg

Are you participating in the Thanksgiving Day Activity challenge?

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and with the promise of a plethora of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and uncomfortable family dinner conversation (caught ya off guard with that one, didn't I? STAY ON YOUR TOES. THANKSGIVING IS A BATTLEFIELD OF TABLE POLITICS AND AWKWARD TOPICAL SMALL TALK), you're more than guaranteed to eat to much and potentially hate yourself afterwards.

Apple has recognized that Thanksgiving isn't normally the time most people want to get up and work out, so for those who <3 their Apple Watch ? and you don't even need an Apple Watch! You can do this with the Health app on your iPhone ? they've offered a bit of a challenge!

Activity Challenge:
This Thanksgiving Day, November 24th, earn a special achievement by completing a walk, run or wheelchair workout of at least 5K (3.1 mi). Once you complete your 5k, you'll get a super special medal and the knowledge of knowing that you're better than 84% of other people who stuffed their face with, well, stuffing.

CONTEST: Because iMore loves some good ol' fashioned competition, we've decided to up the ante a bit and offer 5 $50 Apple gift cards (or iMore Store gift cards for our international readers!) to 5 awesome people who participated in the Thanksgiving Day Activity challenge!

All you have to do is Tweet us, post on this thread, or tag us on Instagram to prove that you actually completed the challenge and you'll be automatically entered in a raffle to win one of 5 $50 gift cards. Pretty awesome, hey?

mamilo1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I did my run this morning. Don't have an Apple Watch but I did bring along my iPhone and used the Nike+ Run Club app to track my run which is also synced to the Health app. I don't know where to look for this achievement. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_0377.PNG

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Finished my run initially and the app I used (mapmyrun) recorded the workout in the health app but I didn't get credit for the challenge. So I had to use the workout app on the watch and run again. So over 6 miles today, lol

Attachments

• IMG_5205.PNG
    IMG_5205.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5206.PNG
    IMG_5206.PNG
    122.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5207.PNG
    IMG_5207.PNG
    404.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5208.PNG
    IMG_5208.PNG