Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeshelita

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I teach a weekly Media and Technology class to a small group of K4/K5 students. I don't have my own classroom so I travel with my 4th Gen iPad which holds lessons, interesting videos, fun books, educational apps and Pages (among many other wonderful things Apple). It will be wonderful to read digital books to the kids and not have to hold up the iPad, while rotating while each takes turn repeating ... "I can't seeeeee!" The vibrant display and booming sound will undoubtably captivate my easily distracted audience! We also enjoy watching educational videos in Tech Class- it will be fun to sit on the same side of the screen as the kids which will give me the opportunity to be more involved in my lessons. I do most of my planning from home so I love that I can easily travel back and forth between home, school and from building to building. I created a Sign In Sheet in Pages for them to learn to type their names as well all of the different features (fonts, text size and color, copy and paste, etc.). The keyboard will be a great addition! The pencil is super exciting as I prefer to note take this way rather than typing AND I can doodle and sketch at the same time! There are so many exciting features in the iPad Pro that will hopefully bring new life to my Technology class!
Oh, I'm not gonna lie ... I will definitely have the iPad Pro in the kitchen with me while I sing and dance and flip over to my Paprika app for recipes while cooking.

Staicy

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the privilege of working remotely, though it can be really hectic at times. Today was one of the hectic days. I did not have my laptop with me and I had to respond to some queries ASAP from clients and the only way I could do that was through my phone. It is a very tiny phone and I must say that it usually comes in handy, today though not so much. I had so many tabs opened since I was answering questions on multiple platforms while still trying to support users on Skype and whatsapp. It wasn't easy. Replying emails and other texts was so hard and I ended up going all the way to work (which I was avoiding in the first place) to pick my laptop and by this time it was already almost end of day. The iPad pro would really help me in situations such as these. I am constantly on the go and I always have to carry my very bulky and heavy laptop to the various remote locations, it's hard and tiring and at times very demotivating. The iPad pro is exactly what I need since it has the capacity to perform all the functions I need efficiently while still managing to remain small and sleek easily carried from one place to another. iMore this is why I would love to get the new iPad pro. Thanks!

Ricardo_Costa

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I've been waiting to use the iPad Pro to replace my MacBook Pro on my university classes. It'll change my productivity in my work and change the way of my lifestyle. Love the bigger screen and the specs of this machine!

Hellenek

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
The iPad Pro? Will be using it for developing design project concepts to to make my designer's work easier. I'm also hoping it'll be easier to sketch a concept while with the client and improve on it at the office.

Oh! Can't wait to add it to my workflow. Used to own about 3 Apple Newtons way back in the day. That was all I needed for 90% of my work. Finally, the iPad is able to deliver similar workflows. Can finally forgive Steve for cancelling the Newton. It's been a long long wait!

oryoki

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd use the iPad Pro to replace my 3rd generation iPad. iOS has moved on, and now requires faster hardware and more RAM to run its more interesting features. My old iPad still meets 85% of my computing needs, but it's time to move into the present.

rreimer

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello iMore,

If selected to receive this iPad Pro, I want you to know that I won't be keeping it. It would go to "Carter" (not his real name), a student I taught last year who suffers from a rare degenerative vision disorder that has left him with just a small amount of peripheral vision. Carter has played the flute for years but band classes were becoming impossible as his vision deteriorated. One approach we tried last year was to scan his flute part, enlarging it so that each measure filled the screen of his iPad Air. Carter loaded these multi-page PDF scores into a band chart app and could play with his band class by turning pages with a Bluetooth foot switch! I'm thinking the larger screen of an iPad Pro would be a great help to this young man. What's more, Carter inspires so many people around him with his positive and helpful attitude that it would be enormously satisfying to recognize his positive efforts and contributions through a gesture like this.

Cheers everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73