VOTE: Ban Politics in forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
TL : DR. If you want politics removed from the forums say so below.

--------------------------------------

I know the idea of having a politics section is to allow those interested a place to put these discussions but they show on Unread feed just like everything else.

The forum has policies against lots of different things like app theft and personal advertising. To me politics is just as unwanted as someone trying to sell real estate here.

If you agree keep this topic alive and ask the forum runners to consider this.

Maybe it's just me?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Weather they keep it or not doesn't bother me I just wish you could block it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Prefer to able to block it. If they want to spend time talking about stupid crap, let them but let me able to block their cartoon quirks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I find it rather ironic that the one person who always replies to those topics with heavily opinionated responses is asking for them to be abolished.

So I am going to say "no". For your sake.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It has left me jaded to say the least. I have learned that the discussions are shouting matches and no one changes any ones minds even the slightest bit.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
And it has become evident that the same few posters will re open an inflammatory topic after another is closed due to it going no where and some being abusive. It is my opinion that these same posters are advertising their point of view not looking for debate at all. I have realized that participating isn't worth it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
And it has become evident that the same few posters will re open an inflammatory topic after another is closed due to it going no where and some being abusive. It is my opinion that these same posters are advertising their point of view not looking for debate at all. I have realized that participating isn't worth it.

Lucky for us, that behavior does not occur in the other forum areas here or on other forum sites. Meh. Get over yourself and just don’t visit those sub-forums.

An option to hide forums as the user sees fit would be nice, but as of today, that option does not exist. In the meantime, just exercise some self control.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
That's the second time today someone says 'get over yourself'. That's a perfect example of why these discussions aren't discussions.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I vote yes to get rid of them as well. I was a Mod for years on another forum and there were two things we never allowed, politics and religion. Nothing good comes from discussing either.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No one is required to tap on and open a thread that comes across the unread TL. You don't have to read it. That said, it makes no difference to me.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have no say in the matter but would choose not to mix politics with my enjoyment of this forum. I mentioned before how politics ruined a great Motorcycle forum I was a dedicated member of. So far it hasn't spilled over into other topics yet but the chance of it is great. It starts when you learn your fellow members have a different option on a hot political topic and it gets worked into whatever thread you happen to see them in and it escalates from there.

Check out intruderalert.com if you don't believe it can happen

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
To jump in the pool or not?... Oh heck, I'm drenched anyway.
As I've mentioned in another thread, tinkering with the status quo is a form of censorship. If iMore Forums had the option for each member to filter unread threads for his/her liking that'd be okay. But to "Ban Politics in forums," as the title suggests, is keeping a lid on freedom of expression.
As my grandma always said: "The best way to respond to a nagging opinionated argument is to ignore it for no one likes to talk to himself/herself..." (I guess some actually do, but oh hum :))

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see it banned. People joined this site to discuss phones. If someone really wants to discuss politics I'm sure there are plenty of forums to do that. Personally I won't go into anything on the politics forum. I won't discuss religion or politics unless it's with someone I know very well.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
To jump in the pool or not?... Oh heck, I'm drenched anyway.
As I've mentioned in another thread, tinkering with the status quo is a form of censorship. If iMore Forums had the option for each member to filter unread threads for his/her liking that'd be okay. But to "Ban Politics in forums," as the title suggests, is keeping a lid on freedom of expression.
As my grandma always said: "The best way to respond to a nagging opinionated argument is to ignore it for no one likes to talk to himself/herself..." (I guess some actually do, but oh hum :))

Not really its a privately owned forum not the government.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods