iMore Site Populating Slowly & Running Rough

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
What is the deal with this board loading, populating and flowing smoothly? I've been around Mobile Nation a long time, most particularly on the CrackBerry site...and although CB runs perfectly and populates quickly with no jerkiness each time I visit on my PC, iPad or iPhone...the iMore site looks almost second-class in the way it performs. I mean, it takes forever for it to load on my iPhone...which should be it's forte!

The iPhone is the number one selling smartphone in the world. It beats Android, and Windows...and absolutely slaughters BlackBerry...so why is the CrackBerry site the "flagship"?

I like this site, the "mood" and the family. But, unless the site is run by Kevin M. from CrackBerry...it needs a total revamping. I know I'm not the only one to complain about this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything on my iPhone 5. I use the TapaTalk app. Come to think of it, the online site in Safari is a bit buggy. I just don't go there much.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What is the deal with this board loading, populating and flowing smoothly? I've been around Mobile Nation a long time, most particularly on the CrackBerry site...and although CB runs perfectly and populates quickly with no jerkiness each time I visit on my PC, iPad or iPhone...the iMore site looks almost second-class in the way it performs. I mean, it takes forever for it to load on my iPhone...which should be it's forte!

The iPhone is the number one selling smartphone in the world. It beats Android, and Windows...and absolutely slaughters BlackBerry...so why is the CrackBerry site the "flagship"?

I like this site, the "mood" and the family. But, unless the site is run by Kevin M. from CrackBerry...it needs a total revamping. I know I'm not the only one to complain about this.

If you can share more details with me I'd be happy to check into this for you! What device/browser are you using? Are you using the full site, the mobile site, or one of our apps? Is it simply load time that is dragging you down? Have you noticed what the load is hanging on?

The more details the better. If easier for you, please contact me via email (my address is below).

Talk soon!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I had to give up accessing the site on my iPad2 and now that I have an iPad Air I see no improvement.
Anyone else?
Good Luck

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@TurboTiger - email me the details. That doesn't sound good. Let me know wait times, OS and browser details, etc. Also let me know which site you're trying to load (full desktop site or mobile).

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
For several days, iMore blog articles crash and won't reload in Safari on my iMac. Not all of the articles, just a few random ones. Anyone else experience this?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on my end... but if you're able to pinpoint the issue (if it persists) please let me know!

Is it just the blogs or are the forums crashing your browser too?

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't visit the forums much, so nothing here yet. I think the blog articles that crash are those I've commented in. When I get a notice of a reply in my email inbox, I click the link, but the browser crashes. However, when I try to just open iMore in Safari the normal way and browse to the article, it still crashes. Go figure.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't visit the forums much, so nothing here yet. I think the blog articles that crash are those I've commented in. When I get a notice of a reply in my email inbox, I click the link, but the browser crashes. However, when I try to just open iMore in Safari the normal way and browse to the article, it still crashes. Go figure.

We've had a couple of reports of this with Safari. Our tech team will check into it. Thanks for reporting!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I’ve noticed this issue off and on for a while. The New Posts button presents a screen of new, unread messages. The page footer (first image) shows 1 to 98 of 125 messages, and the page shows 1 of 2, but when I click on the 2nd page link, I get this screen (2nd image) - Sorry No Matches. Where are messages 99-125?

View attachment 69012
View attachment 69013

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
@HankAZ - Thanks for reporting. Received a report of the same on Windows Central this morning. Tech will take a look!

I am still seeing this issue - seems like it’s that way every morning. This morning, it reported 1 to 95 of 163, yet the second page was completely empty, just as shown above. Any update?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2