(Official) New iMore Design Thread - Bug Fixes / Issues / Problems

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Howdy all,

I really appreciate all of the early feedback we've received so far on our new design here at iMore.

What I'd like to do is get any problems or issues listed in ONE SPOT. It's the best way for our tech team to review and translate into actual fixes for you, the awesome members @ iMore.

So, with that in mind, report any issues or concerns you're having right in this thread. DO post screenshots, device specs, and browser specs... basically, the more info you can give us, the better.

THANK YOU in advance!

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to use the top navigation to get between iMore and all the sister sites, as iMore is the shortest to type, it was the first, so when AC switched to this layout, it didn't bug me *TOO* much, as that became the last on my cycle. Now, and I know it's first world problems, but I have to type out each site, or scroll all the way to the bottom to select from there. I also have to load the entire forum pages just to see what the top posts are. I used to be able to see a preview of each.

Not to mention the site chokes with FF up to date on an i7 with 8gig RAM. I do keep a bunch of tabs open, but wasn't an issue until now tbh.

I normally don't get why people want to "downgrade" things but in this case, I am really looking for GreaseMonkey scripts to change back to the classic layout.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan of the HUGE "REPLY" buttons and the extremely LARGE thread headers. Please consider reducing the size by about half. The buttons should be the same size as the REPLY, REPLY WITH QUOTE buttons on each post (IMHO).View attachment 61388

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of the big blue bar that drops down from the top when I open a thread. It blocks the first thread on my screen.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I liked the idea of going to the sister sites from the top of the page on the old design instead of scrolling all the way to the bottom...could this be changed back. However I do like the new design....Smile. Here's a couple of color matching Apple wallpapers for any one who's interested .....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406553215.428749.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406553226.546227.jpg

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to use the top navigation to get between iMore and all the sister sites, as iMore is the shortest to type, it was the first, so when AC switched to this layout, it didn't bug me *TOO* much, as that became the last on my cycle. Now, and I know it's first world problems, but I have to type out each site, or scroll all the way to the bottom to select from there. I also have to load the entire forum pages just to see what the top posts are. I used to be able to see a preview of each.

If you click the little Mobile Nations logo next to the iMore logo, you should get a dropdown with links to the other communities.
Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 8.31.52 AM.png

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You're saying that I need to scroll down then back up to read the thread that was blocked?

When I do that, the blue bar returns.
This just seems a bit cumbersome.

No, the bar should disappear as soon as you start to scroll down. Would you be able to post a screenshot to illustrate the problem? That way we can try and recreate/fix on our end!

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That blue bar. When I scroll down it does disappear, but when I scroll back up it re-appears.
I'm using the latest Safari with the latest OSX 10.9.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.25.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.25.00.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 14

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That's by design. Allows you to get where you need without having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page! To remove, just scroll down a touch :)

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It's annoying. When I scroll back up to read the thread, it re-appears and blocks the top again.

Maybe there should be a "turn off" feature for those of us that don't want it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR