Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Dear iMore, for the last several weeks, the iMore and Android Central for that matter websites do not format correctly in the readability style when using Tweetbot. Other sites are working correctly. This happens in both versions of Tweetbot. I took some pictures to show you the difference. Anybody else seeing the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1080.PNG
    IMG_1080.PNG
    540.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1082.PNG
    IMG_1082.PNG
    234.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1081.PNG
    IMG_1081.PNG
    620.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1083.PNG
    IMG_1083.PNG
    374.3 KB · Views: 16

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, what do you expect to see that you aren't seeing? (And, what steps can we take to reproduce it?)

We are seeing the mobile web page but are expecting to see it in the manner you'd see it via Instapaper, Pocket or even via the reader option in Safari. Other websites, not all of them, are displayed in reader format via Tweetbot, if that option is enabled, but not the iMore Blog and a few others.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rene and JustMe'D for replying. The most bothersome for me is that I'm not that young anymore and since the website is not formatting like it use to, the font size is very small to read as you can see in my example compared to the other website. You do have the option in Tweetbot to click on the URL once you are in the article, but for some reason it won't make the switch to the stripped down version in the other example. The iMore site should look like the other example I gave. It was working for iMore up until recently. For some reason it's not doing it anymore. Thanks for listening. Love the hard work you guys do for us.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rene and JustMe'D for replying. The most bothersome for me is that I'm not that young anymore and since the website is not formatting like it use to, the font size is very small to read as you can see in my example compared to the other website. You do have the option in Tweetbot to click on the URL once you are in the article, but for some reason it won't make the switch to the stripped down version in the other example. The iMore site should look like the other example I gave. It was working for iMore up until recently. For some reason it's not doing it anymore. Thanks for listening. Love the hard work you guys do for us.

Thanks jwalker007, we can appreciate your frustration on this one!

What I can do is relay this to one of the geniuses on our tech team to see if anything can be done to resolve. In the meantime, thanks again for the note, and your patience!

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Tom, thanks for the response. That doesn't solve my problem. Font size in the iMore app isn't adjustable and still to small for older eyes. Besides, I prefer having one place to view all my tech news and Tweetbot is the choice for that. It's even a favorite of the iMore staff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro