• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iMore app 2.0 feedback and bug reports

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The official iMore for iPhone app has gone 2.0 folks!

Herere's the link:

- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imore/id511668903?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Here's the changelog:

- Added commenting
- Added Landscape support
- Added font re-sizing
- Added Favorite button and Favorites tab for offline reading
- Added buttons and horizontal swipe gesture for switching between articles
- Added save to Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability
- Added video podcast support
- Redesigned podcast interface and player
- Redesigned article view
- Redesigned icon
- Rebuilt for speed!

Here's what we'd love each and every one of you to do:

- Download it
- Use the ever-loving stuffing out of it
- Leave a rating and review on iTunes. 11 stars. No, seriously!
- Give us your feedback right here in this very thread!

If you find bugs, tell us about them. If you love or hate certain features, let us know. If you want us to add a new feature to the next update, make the suggestion.

A few quick things first:

- Yes, iPhone only. We're not talking about iPad apps... yet.
- No, you can't stream podcasts. We tried. We got rejected. We had to take it out. We're bummed too.
- No, no notifications yet. They're already on the roadmap for the next version, along with Mobile Nations Passport support!

So, get ready, get set, deploy, deploy, deploy! We're counting on you!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished downloading it onto my iPhone. I will test it out throughout the day and post feedback later on. Thanks for the update...:)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's really good. I hated the first version and didn't like to even try and use it. This one, however, is amazing. It's almost better than even browsing the full site on desktop. On issues here. If I find any, I'll be sure to report.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's really good. I hated the first version and didn't like to even try and use it. This one, however, is amazing. It's almost better than even browsing the full site on desktop. On issues here. If I find any, I'll be sure to report.

Awesome! What made the difference for you? Performance? Features? Yes? :)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! What made the difference for you? Performance? Features? Yes? :)

Speed was a big factor. I also had issues with the old app not showing newly posted articles until 2-3 hours after online posting. Both of those issues are fixed. The new article view is also much improved. Comment viewing and adding is a big plus, too. Y'all did a great job and I look forward to seeing more as the updates roll.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What I enjoy thus far, is the speed of the app, easy maneuvering, easy commenting and the ease in which I can increase or decrease the font size. What I dislike thus far is not being able to maintain the size of the font from article to article. If I increase the size of the font while viewing one article, the font reverts back to its default when I select to read another article.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
What I enjoy thus far, is the speed of the app, easy maneuvering, easy commenting and the ease in which I can increase or decrease the font size. What I dislike thus far is not being able to maintain the size of the font from article to article. If I increase the size of the font while viewing one article, the font reverts back to its default when I select to read another article.

Yup! That's on the roadmap for the next update. We need to build out a "Settings" section and include it there.

gbattaglia02

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
i have same problem i can log in and comment on the website but not through the app, keeps saying error content not allowed. even logged in and out again same issue.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So far after playing for about an hour with that app I think the team did a fantastic job on 2.0.

I have to agree with another poster on here that the font size going back to default from one article to another after setting it to a larger size is annoying but i know it will be addressed in the next update. Overall though 5 stars to the team and app.

vianar

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Enjoying the app so far.

Using the app and a couple of issues. First testing on 4G LTE. I try to log on in the more section under accounts I enter my info and it sits there with the spinning wheel for several minutes until I cancel and go back and then I notice the login button now says logout. I am not sure if I am truly logged in. Next, making a comment, I have tried and have not been able to find my comment in the comment section to review, we will see if this one fares better. Third, again on an LTE network and the stories and comments taking +++ time to load. Not as quick as on your video. Last a suggestion for down the road, imore is part of mobile nations and I visit all the sites multiple times per day. I currently have an iPhone but was a BB user for many years and still a crackberry fan. What I am getting at is since you are all in a partnership network why not make app for the different OS's that allow one to move between the sites, view content and make posts. That would make this app killer for me.

Tried to post in comment section of the post and it said currently not allowing comments on this content???? When posting here I accidentally pressed subscribe so pushed back button but rather than coming back here it sent me two levels back to the original post.

Just trying to be helpful. Thanks.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Feature Request: I'd love for you guys to come up with a way to if I click on a Twitter link from Rene that links to iMore, it opens the app, not the website on my phone if I have the app.

That may not even be technically possible, but it'd be cool. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Enjoying the app so far.

Using the app and a couple of issues. First testing on 4G LTE. I try to log on in the more section under accounts I enter my info and it sits there with the spinning wheel for several minutes until I cancel and go back and then I notice the login button now says logout. I am not sure if I am truly logged in.
The same thing happened to me initially, but yes, you are indeed logged in.
Next, making a comment, I have tried and have not been able to find my comment in the comment section to review, we will see if this one fares better.
I don't know what to tell you because my comments were available for viewing right after i posted them. ...(snipped)

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Bug report: if a URL in a comment is long enough that it gets truncated in the web view, the app uses the truncated text, and not the hyperlink, and that results in broken links from the app.

Feature request: visually distinctive threading in comments, to be able to tell at a glance who is responding to whom, like you can in the web view.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok