• Yes, its perfect!

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Nope, Its too cluttered, Fix please!

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's fine for me - I decide what I want to read by the headline alone pretty much - so I can scroll through, read what I want.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
The best thing about the old look was the great huge articles and pics. this one is too cluttered and a step backwards if you ask me....

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
The best thing about the old look was the great huge articles and pics. this one is too cluttered and a step backwards if you ask me....

Agreed on this.
I don't like the new look at all.
The larger pictures allowed me to see if I wanted to read the story or not, but now I find myself just scrolling down the page a lot faster.
Seems like a lot less people are commenting on stories too now.

Please switch back?
Or at least make the photos larger?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Change is always difficult. We get so set in our ways especially when we get older. I will adjust.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I do agree with the bigger pictures and bigger excerpts being better and nicer....but with smaller pics and excerpts, it makes the site load a lot faster which is also nice. So you have your up and down sides :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Usually I only click on the topics of interest To me anyway, so the new look is just fine with me. :cool:

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I liked the old one better, just because it was what I was used to. But this isn't too much of a change so I don't think it'll bother me

sfwrtr

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
More of an RSS than a News page

Issues:

• Too little information on front page. Forces you to click to read any article, then requires you to use BACK to return to the list. The old format allowed you to use the space bar or page down to read without using the mouse. Simpler. Very few people use dial-up these days, to the length of the front page should not be an issue.
  • The font is now smaller. This is less friendly to the over-40 crowd.
Yes, I dislike the new layout. Please consider at least putting one article fully inline on the page. Think of a newspaper with headlines, and few lesser articles under the fold that require you to go to another page.

Oddly, a few weeks prior to you change, TUAW changed their format in a similar fashion. I stopped visiting their site in a regular browser; TiPb became my primary go-to. I find it disappointing you emulated them, and it seems like a copy-cat thing to do. Mind you, it won't prevent me visiting. I now use Flipboard to read this site and TUAW instead of an internet browser. It reformats your content into a more pleasurable magazine format.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Oddly, a few weeks prior to you change, TUAW changed their format in a similar fashion. I stopped visiting their site in a regular browser; TiPb became my primary go-to. I find it disappointing you emulated them, and it seems like a copy-cat thing to do. Mind you, it won't prevent me visiting. I now use Flipboard to read this site and TUAW instead of an internet browser. It reformats your content into a more pleasurable magazine format.

Neowin switched to a similar style as well a few weeks ago. Seems to be quite the popular layout.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Issues:

• The font is now smaller. This is less friendly to the over-40 crowd.

are you serious???

anyways, i like it. great job guys!

am i the only one who gets the impression the OP is becoming a little obsessed over this?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Or so they think. I now only visit TIPB through my iphone. Desktop layout plain sucks !:cool:

I visit the site on the Desktop and I would have to disagree with you here. I think the site looks just fine from both.

That's just my opinion, though. :)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
are you serious???

anyways, i like it. great job guys!

am i the only one who gets the impression the OP is becoming a little obsessed over this?

No you aren't.

But I prefer this new layout very much so to the old one. There was way too much preview of each blog in the old layout, we see more content faster with this one.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm not fond of the new layout. Without a specific teaser, sometimes the first two sentences of a post don't get into the heart of the matter, and without a teaser I'm not necessarily willing to click to find out more. The photos never do it for me - I have to be lured by text. (And not headlines.) I'm reading less of the front page here now, and more at 9to5Mac, where most of the sources are anyway.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the new layout in the sense that, at least for me, it loads faster. My MacBook doesn't really like Lion, and the new Safari always hung up on the old version because it had so much to load. Now it loads faster, which is nice.

What I don't like is the background haha! It looks blurry to me. Big time. I am assuming it's meant to mimic the new textures Apple is putting throughout their site, but IMHO it does kind of a poor job. Maybe a nice texture from http://subtlepatterns.com/ ? They have amazing tiling patterns, some with a distinctly Apple flavor ;D

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not fond of the new layout. Without a specific teaser, sometimes the first two sentences of a post don't get into the heart of the matter, and without a teaser I'm not necessarily willing to click to find out more. The photos never do it for me - I have to be lured by text. (And not headlines.) I'm reading less of the front page here now, and more at 9to5Mac, where most of the sources are anyway.

I agree 100%!