Apps using iCloud will get a little harder to access, but a lot more secure.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-16-2017 09:40 AM
    While I don't agree that it's being forced on us, I understand why.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-16-2017 10:18 AM
    They are attempting to protect our data residing on their servers, and thereby attempting to protect their services and systems.
    05-16-2017 10:52 AM
    While I don't agree that it's being forced on us, I understand why.
    How is it not being forced on us? Looks like it is to me.
    05-16-2017 12:09 PM
    How is it not being forced on us? Looks like it is to me.
    Exactly. I don't like the fact it's being forced on us but I understand why it's being forced on us.
    05-16-2017 12:28 PM
    Exactly. I don't like the fact it's being forced on us but I understand why it's being forced on us.
    Gotcha. You made it sound like you were agreeing that it is NOT forcing. I misunderstood.
    05-16-2017 01:53 PM
    Yea we all love security...but we are nearing the edge of inconvenience. If this was optional it'd be great. Seems more like a headache for the end user. I understand the reasoning though.
    05-16-2017 02:12 PM
    Yea we all love security...but we are nearing the edge of inconvenience. If this was optional it'd be great. Seems more like a headache for the end user. I understand the reasoning though.
    Security and convenience are always at odds with each other, and with Apple being held to a higher standard than most, they'd be scrutinized BIG TIME if a major security breach were to occur causing customers to lose their precious data without them taking drastic steps to prevent it, especially when they've spend the past few months promoting security OR they may have credible evidence that suggests that they may be a target of a major hack attempt or something.
    05-16-2017 02:40 PM
    Seems to me that I'd rather close my I cloud account rather than keep company with a lot of potentially dodgy insecure apps. I suppose Google's new 'assistant ' (data scraper' will be one of them.
    05-17-2017 04:55 PM
    Seems to me that I'd rather close my I cloud account rather than keep company with a lot of potentially dodgy insecure apps. I suppose Google's new 'assistant ' (data scraper' will be one of them.
    No one has said there are "dodgy insecure apps". This is about Apple more than apps. The apps are fine.
    05-18-2017 08:44 AM
    No one has said there are "dodgy insecure apps". This is about Apple more than apps. The apps are fine.
    05-18-2017 09:26 AM
    of course that is what the implication is, if apps not originating from the Apple system ave to be fenced,what else could it be ? Do you trust Google for instance ?
    05-18-2017 09:29 AM
    of course that is what the implication is, if apps not originating from the Apple system ave to be fenced,what else could it be ? Do you trust Google for instance ?
    They don't have to be. Apple just wants to do it. As far as I know, none have done anything wrong. There were issues in the early days, but not in a long while. Yes, I trust Google. They mine for ad purposes, but many do these days. But they're not trying to glean your personal information to rob you. App developers are serious about their apps. They put a lot of work in to them and don't want to jeopardize that.
    05-18-2017 10:15 AM