HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US: How this four-year live stream is protesting Trump

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"We" are already divided and "we" were divided long before President Trump even entered the presidential race so it's laughable to hear that "he will not divide us". You're right. He won't. #smh

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
"We" are already divided and "we" were divided long before President Trump even entered the presidential race so it's laughable to hear that "he will not divide us". You're right. He won't. #smh

Trust me, in a few months everyone will forget what they're protesting and keep up on their Kardashian facts.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Trump retweets racially charged crime data - CNNPolitics.com

Oh, he's definitely assisted in this divide. But I've noticed that we see what we choose to see.

Let me help you out here. See the annotated information?

IMG_0035.JPG

Since becoming POTUS, Has he spent more time focusing on taking care of America and its citizens, including those who dislike him, despite the daily barrage of negative news reporting of him or tweeting data that may or may not be false? WIth that in mind, let me also go back in time and show you fake news, oh wait - my bad, let me show you straight up lies...:)

https://youtu.be/NDoA_vTxklI

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Let me help you out here. See the annotated information?

View attachment 115919

Since becoming POTUS, Has he spent more time focusing on taking care of America and its citizens, including those who dislike him, despite the daily barrage of negative news reporting of him or tweeting data that may or may not be false? WIth that in mind, let me also go back in time and show you fake news, oh wait - my bad, let me show you straight up lies...:)

https://youtu.be/NDoA_vTxklI

I'm not sure what the date has to do with anything? The people in the "He Will Not Divide Us" are speaking to his past actions which have created doubt on how he will perform in the future. So to anyone who says he will not divide us, how can you comfortably say that when he has demonstrated divisive action during his run for the presidency?

Since becoming President he has persisted the lie about millions of illegals voting, thus explaining his loss of the popular vote. This is a mistruth.
He sent his Press Secretary out, on day one, to discuss how his inauguration was among the most viewed and attended. This is a mistruth. (Why that is the topic of his conversation I don't know. He could easily ignore the liberal media and focus on other more important things)

Among those things, he absolutely has taken time to take care of America and it's citizens. Which is the same exact thing Obama was doing when he got elected.

You highlight that Obama lied about the ACA. Trump lied about locking Hillary up and assigning a private investigator to look into her and her emails. Trump lied about making Mexico pay for the wall. Now he's asking congress to fund the wall (which means US the taxpayers are funding this wall) and Mexico will reimburse the United States. I agree that Obama was untruthful in his pitch about the ACA. I hold him accountable for that. Will you do the same for Trump? Or will the continued defense and excuses and media-blaming continue for the next 4/8 years?

You will quickly mention Obama's lies when Trump is brought up yet in the same breath ask us to forget Trumps transgressions. Seems a bit unfair considering Obama's presidency is over and done with. We are currently in the Trump days now.

And make no mistake...we have NEVER had an honest president. Bush lied about WMD, Bill DID have sex with that woman, Bush sr. lied about Saddams expansion plans in the Middle East to encourage the first Iraq war, Reagan told the US that trees cause more pollution than automobiles do.

So let's not pretend as though Obama was this big bad guy who lied to the American people time after time. Obama's lie got 20 million more people health insurance.

Do I believe we should give Trump a chance? Absolutely. But just as quick as you all were to point out where Obama failed...there will be people here to point out Trumps failures. You just get the pleasure of being on the opposite side for the next 4/8 years. Trust me...you're going to hate it lol. Welcome to the seats us "liberals" sat in for the past 8 years. Grab a beer. Make yourself at home.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the date has to do with anything? The people in the "He Will Not Divide Us" are speaking to his past actions which have created doubt on how he will perform in the future. So to anyone who says he will not divide us, how can you comfortably say that when he has demonstrated divisive action during his run for the presidency?

Since becoming President he has persisted the lie about millions of illegals voting, thus explaining his loss of the popular vote. This is a mistruth.
He sent his Press Secretary out, on day one, to discuss how his inauguration was among the most viewed and attended. This is a mistruth. (Why that is the topic of his conversation I don't know. He could easily ignore the liberal media and focus on other more important things)

Among those things, he absolutely has taken time to take care of America and it's citizens. Which is the same exact thing Obama was doing when he got elected.

You highlight that Obama lied about the ACA. Trump lied about locking Hillary up and assigning a private investigator to look into her and her emails. Trump lied about making Mexico pay for the wall. Now he's asking congress to fund the wall (which means US the taxpayers are funding this wall) and Mexico will reimburse the United States. I agree that Obama was untruthful in his pitch about the ACA. I hold him accountable for that. Will you do the same for Trump? Or will the continued defense and excuses and media-blaming continue for the next 4/8 years?

You will quickly mention Obama's lies when Trump is brought up yet in the same breath ask us to forget Trumps transgressions. Seems a bit unfair considering Obama's presidency is over and done with. We are currently in the Trump days now.

And make no mistake...we have NEVER had an honest president. Bush lied about WMD, Bill DID have sex with that woman, Bush sr. lied about Saddams expansion plans in the Middle East to encourage the first Iraq war, Reagan told the US that trees cause more pollution than automobiles do.

So let's not pretend as though Obama was this big bad guy who lied to the American people time after time. Obama's lie got 20 million more people health insurance.

Do I believe we should give Trump a chance? Absolutely. But just as quick as you all were to point out where Obama failed...there will be people here to point out Trumps failures. You just get the pleasure of being on the opposite side for the next 4/8 years. Trust me...you're going to hate it lol. Welcome to the seats us "liberals" sat in for the past 8 years. Grab a beer. Make yourself at home.

Each candidate running for President or any other political office creates a division because they each want to the ONE elected. HRC was divisive, the protestors are divisive, feminists and activists like Black Lives Matter (don't confuse the group with the mantra) are divisive. The difference is that when Democrats win after being divisive, they demand that everyone unify and support the winner whether you voted for the person or not. When a Republican wins, the left continues their divisiveness. Unity is out of the question. For the good of the country means nothing to them when they lose. Why is that? Now that the queen bee has lost, and someone is in office who is intent on fixing the very problems folks claim to need fixing and now he's enemy number one. Why is that? No, it's not about his tweets or his locker room talk and none of that crap. Those are media smoke screens. Powerful people on the left and right knows that he is intent on fixing the problems and they don't want those problems fixed unless it's to their benefit. Period! Oh, and don't you mean Obama's lies? That one lie you mentioned where he got 20 mil people insured, he stated that his plan would insure ALL Americans. That same plan called for people to be penalized if they chose to decline his offer. Have you forgotten? Furthermore, by you saying that you hope Trump succeeds and then turn right around and say that you're going to enjoy pointing out everything bad thing is contradicting isn't it?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

You highlight that Obama lied about the ACA. Trump lied about locking Hillary up and assigning a private investigator to look into her and her emails. Trump lied about making Mexico pay for the wall. Now he's asking congress to fund the wall (which means US the taxpayers are funding this wall) and Mexico will reimburse the United States.

I'm not sure how you can claim that he has lied about those already. Most of your arguement seems level headed, but he has been in office for 5 days. While he has gotten way more done in 5 days than any recent president that I can remember in that time there is no way he can possibly already have these things done and ruled out.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Each candidate running for President or any other political office creates a division because they each want to the ONE elected. HRC was divisive, the protestors are divisive, feminists and activists like Black Lives Matter (don't confuse the group with the mantra) are divisive. The difference is that when Democrats win after being divisive, they demand that everyone unify and support the winner whether you voted for the person or not. When a Republican wins, the left continues their divisiveness. Unity is out of the question. For the good of the country means nothing to them when they lose. Why is that? Now that the queen bee has lost, and someone is in office who is intent on fixing the very problems folks claim to need fixing and now he's enemy number one. Why is that? No, it's not about his tweets or his locker room talk and none of that crap. Those are media smoke screens. Powerful people on the left and right knows that he is intent on fixing the problems and they don't want those problems fixed unless it's to their benefit. Period!

When Obama won in 2008 there were demonstrations. Definitely not at the same level as the ones as of recent. But there were people out there hanging dummys on trees and lighting them on fire. There will always be dissent. We live in a great country (one that was already great so I question what days Trump intends on bringing back) that allows for this.

I think the issue is Trumps inability to articulate the problems of this country in a way that isn't divisive and that provides factual evidence to support the claims. Tell us what you want to fix and then tell us HOW you intend to fix that. But don't speak it in a way that is baseless and without facts. Trump has a "pants on fire" rating on politifact. He speaks on issues but presents falsehoods to back them up.

He told us that black neighborhoods are in the worst shape they've ever been in. That is a lie.

He told us he saw thousands of muslims cheering after 9/11 thus supporting his ban on Muslims. That was a lie.

He told us he saw an Iranian transfer payment for the release of hostages. That was a lie.

He speaks on Law and Order and retweets a statistic on black on black crime. That was a lie.

He told us millions of illegals voted against him thus costing him the popular vote. That was a lie.

He told us inner city crime is at all time highs. That is a lie.

He told us Mexico isn't sending their best and instead they are sending rapists and criminals. There is zero evidence that says illegal immigrants commit more crime than native born citizens. Thus that was a lie.

These each may point to actual and real problems in this country. But when they are presented with baseless and flat out false evidence, it dilutes the point.

If Trump wants to win liberals over...simply speak factually. The media is going to dissect his every word and hold him accountable. We all know that. So he should probably be sure to get his facts straight before he jumps out there. We should all at least be able to agree on that...without referencing the past President. (Conservatives hated when people mentioned Bush...I'm interested to see if they can discuss Trump without referencing Obama)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how you can claim that he has lied about those already. Most of your arguement seems level headed, but he has been in office for 5 days. While he has gotten way more done in 5 days than any recent president that I can remember in that time there is no way he can possibly already have these things done and ruled out.

He has already said he will not investigate Hillary and he has stated that he will request funds from Congress for the wall and we will be reimbursed. I am basing my assumptions on his words. Maybe he will change his tune, but based on his words I am thus far accurate.

Dropping the Hillary investigation-
Donald Trump 'will not pursue investigation of Hillary Clinton over private email server or foundation' | The Independent

Requesting funds from Congress-
Congress begins to search for funds to help Trump build border wall - LA Times

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and don't you mean Obama's lies? That one lie you mentioned where he got 20 mil people insured, he stated that his plan would insure ALL Americans. That same plan called for people to be penalized if they chose to decline his offer. Have you forgotten? Furthermore, by you saying that you hope Trump succeeds and then turn right around and say that you're going to enjoy pointing out everything bad thing is contradicting isn't it?

1. I'm not debating you over the honesty/dishonesty of Obama. Never have I implied that Obama was the most honest. In fact, I agreed with you that he was dishonest in his ACA proposal. I've given you that point because I agree with you. In fact, during our discussions I have never even compared Trump to Obama. You have continued to do that with the assumption that I'm a die hard Obama supporter. You'd be mistaken.

2. I never said I would enjoy pointing out the bad things during Trumps presidency. Just that you can be assured that he will be held accountable. As you have done for Obama.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
While he has gotten way more done in 5 days than any recent president that I can remember in that time there is no way he can possibly already have these things done and ruled out.

I will say, I don't believe he has gotten more done than any recent president. The cool thing about him is that he, thus far, has been the most transparent President by his use of Twitter. And the media is reporting on EVERYTHING he does. I use the word "transparent" loosely because we still haven't gotten those tax returns he promised (dare I say another lie?). But his administration seems to be focused on keeping the American people engaged with his day to day dealings. I think that is really cool. It goes towards his point during his inauguration speech that he is giving the government back to the people.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
How Shia LeWolf is using tech.....and then is belligerent when someone with an opposing view is in front of the camera. Go Tolerentism

swille81

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I think a bunch of people staring into a webcam parked in front of building on a sidewalk and spouting "He will not divide us" is the least of Trump's worries. I really didn't care about it, either. However, this wasn't reported on CNN, Fox News, NBC, CBS, BBC - I saw this on iMore. There wasn't much mention about the tech behind the project but rather what celebrities have shown up. Does Shia stop by?

I'd rather not engage in a discussion of politics under the warmth of a computer monitor, accompanied by the clicking of my keyboard as I carefully craft a tactful response to avoid intruding upon anyone's safe space. I come to iMore for Apple related news and information. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro