Streaming TV services are a blend of traditional cable and streaming services that allow you to access not only on-demand but also live TV channels, so you don't have to miss out on your favorite shows.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Sling
    Hulu
    Netflix

They are more than I need, and I'm glad I subscribe to all three......Furthermore, your asking credentials can be used with the WatchESPN app...
    12-07-2016 06:22 PM
    UsTVnow and Pluto Tv are pretty good free services too...for bottom of the barrel channels. It's good background noise for me though sometimes.
    12-07-2016 06:41 PM
    Kodi TV is really good too. You can use Impactor (Windows) to install it super easy. Then just look at some tutorials to get it all set up. You don't need to be jail broken to use it. It's got a gazillian channel, movies, tv shows.....but it's buggy and only about 50% of the links actually work. It hey it's free.
    12-07-2016 06:45 PM
    Kodi TV is really good too. You can use Impactor (Windows) to install it super easy. Then just look at some tutorials to get it all set up. You don't need to be jail broken to use it. It's got a gazillian channel, movies, tv shows.....but it's buggy and only about 50% of the links actually work. It hey it's free.
    Those bugs you speak of are in no way Kodi bugs. They are bugs from the illegal streaming garbage plugins.

Kodi doesn't have the "gazillian channels" you're talking about, as the ones it has work. As in YouTube and South Park, and the ones you can get *without* installing extra repos. The ones you're talking about, with those "links" to illegal content are the ones with 50% of the links working.

The streaming you speak of is bad for a number of reasons:

1) Piracy

2) You're even hurting the sites you're pirating from because the plugins don't play ads so the site hosting the file has every incentive to get your stream cut

3) Those plugins could and likely are, riddled with malware. Not like you can complain about those plugins installing a virus/stealing your passwords, they're doing illegal things anyways, it'd be like calling the cops about a bad drug deal.

4) Yes, these "streaming" sites are illegal. As I've said elsewhere, "streaming *IS* downloading". Downloading is when you get data from the web, watch it and keep it. Streaming is when you get data from the web, watch it and delete it. Getting copyrighted data, and watching it without copyright holder's permission is illegal, just as keeping it is. But, the MPAA doesn't know if you deleted it or kept it until they're searching your PC. And even then, they'll arrest you because "two outta three ain't bad".

I've been told it's a bad analogy, but I still think it works to say expecting to get away with streaming is like saying "I did not inhale" when busted for smoking weed. Bill Clinton got away with it because it was years before he was being questioned and there was no proof at that point, won't work when they know you've been streaming. Those sites will turn you over quicker than you could believe to get you caught, since they have no incentive not to.
    12-28-2016 08:29 AM